Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I saw this article on the PBS Facebook feed. I'm having fun coming up with snarky comments:

"Darned volcanoes getting in the way of a political position. How dare they! I'm guessing they've been funded by conservative PACs."

"
    How did the volcanoes know to start cooling the earth only since industrialization?"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'll just leave this here. Apparently volcanoes are part of a conservative conspiracy to lull us into complacency.

Volcanoes May Be Masking the Severity of Global Warming ? NOVA Next | PBS

I can not believe they'd even talk pumping sulfur into the air as a way to regulate global warming! "Setting the thermostat" if you will - never mind the technology to do it doesn't exist, and if it did there are problems with it like - oh - massive acid rain and pollution! Holy hell, did volcanos just start erupting the last 15 years?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can not believe they'd even talk pumping sulfur into the air as a way to regulate global warming! "Setting the thermostat" if you will - never mind the technology to do it doesn't exist, and if it did there are problems with it like - oh - massive acid rain and pollution! Holy hell, did volcanos just start erupting the last 15 years?

Apparently, yes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait. Did they just admit that they've been measuring global warming inacurately all this time? I guess I can see why they intesify their efforts to get everyone on the "green" bandwagon. After so much time past without warming, it's more facesaving to claim victory than admit they were wrong. Remember the hole in the ozone? They SAVED us!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    This is no different from any other liberal-elitist "cause". The fact don't matter because it's about power and control and selling the liberal base on the lie. We all know global warming is going on, we can just "feel" it! We know that man's activities are behind it since it just feels that way. And we know it's bad, because anything that doesn't feel right must be bad.

Who cares if the "science" (and I use that term VERY loosely!) behind global warming is suspect. Essentially they are "proving" a theory of a L O N G T E R M process (and climate cycles run in the 10K-1M year range) with instantaneous (i.e. less than 100 years) measurements.

It's bogus and the scientists know it, but the only climate research is government funded and if you are not coming up with politically acceptable answers in your research, you don't get any more money. So the government funded research always gets the answer they are looking for.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Don't volcanos kick out massive amounts of CO2 also? And isn't that what they are saying is going to cause all this warming that we are supposed to be having?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Don't volcanos kick out massive amounts of CO2 also? And isn't that what they are saying is going to cause all this warming that we are supposed to be having?

Not to mention all the ash they pump into the atmosphere. The History channel just had the "little ice age" program on today. Basically 3 volcanoes in something like 300 yrs caused it, along with more active sun-spots (according to them). The ash in the atmosphere reflected alot of the suns warmth back into space

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's been a while since we were educated by a genius on this issue. I think we're overdue! Will it be one of the usual suspects, or a new player in the world of derisive condescension?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Real man made global warming.

Most of the time a person in an office will generate about 400-500 btu,for a person at a walk you need about 600-800 btu and for vigorous exercises your up into the 1500-2000 btu for short periods.

I used to have to calculate how to cool a gymnasium during a game. We figured about 400 btu per hour.

Multiply, say 500 btu per hour by the population and you get 3,500,000,000,000 btu per hour.

The sun produces about 427.9 btu per sq/ft per hour which makes about 2,364,438,054,971,900,000 btu per hour.

That means that people create about 0.00014803% of the energy on earth by being alive. Man made global warming.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    See, the volcanos man..... like..... put out sulfur that cools the planet,
    but also put out like CO2 which warms the planet, so their like neutral man.

Top Bottom