Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

Because consensus is absolute proof.

I can't compete with absolute truth. Nobody can, so you win. If 12 out of thirteen people say "don't look into that fence to see why those mental patients are chanting thiteen, thirteen, thirteen," what would you do, number fourteen. Oh, wait, it's in purple. Nevermind.....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There was once consensus about a great many scientific phenomena. Consensus doesn't make it so. And it certainly doesn't justify ignoring evidence or alternative ideas. Consensus is being used to quiet the opposition. I wonder why one would feel compelled to silence the opposition. Is the science behind the position not strong enough to stand up to scrutiny?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How is a scientific consensus built? Thousands of scientists reaching the same conclusion independently? No.

A few scientists reaching a conclusion. Several others saying: "I can't find a problem with it; makes sense to me". Then a bunch of others cite the paper as fact because it makes sense to them too.

...then since it is now established fact, we marginalize anyone who disagrees and ridicule them. We acknowledge only conclusions that comport with our preexisting hypothesis and we find a way to label any observations that don't fit the agreed upon "fact" as outliers. Further yet, we construct modeling to take the observations, assume our "fact" and then mysteriously continue to support the "fact".

'Course it doesn't hurt if our "fact" gives political power to people who are willing to fund us.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Hey, I got a 5 on my AP Calc test in high school...can I play? Those derivatives and integrals were hard!!

I accept your challenge, 2/2=0. I win.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, seeing how AGW alarmism is driven solely by computer models, and failed computer models at that, one wonders when the CAGW crowd will face reality.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Masters EE Here movealong. I can keep up. Are you ever going to engage or are you going to keep flinging poo. First, its global climate disruption, not global warming. Global warming is so 5 minutes ago.

World wide surface temperatures is where we started...they're level to falling. Maybe start there? Make sure you use advanced math.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's a not-so-rhetorical question: the earth has historically been much hotter than it is today. With no humans present at the time, how did that happen?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Potentially rhetorical question: what is suggested about a source that implies that "high school calculus" is in some way advanced mathematics, much less sufficient for either understanding or modeling large-scale atmospheric processes and flows?

As a youth, I enjoyed the Greek myths that featured the recurrent theme of man's downfall hastened by his own hubris. Hopefully I learned from those lessons. I'm just sayin'.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Global Cooling. We're all going to freeze to death.
    Global Warming. Ok, maybe we got that last thing wrong and everyone will forget about it.
    Nuclear Summer
    Nuclear Winter
    Missing Link
    The universe revolves around the earth.
    The universe revolves around the sun.
    The earth is flat.
    It is impossible to go faster than the speed of sound.

All of those were "established fact" that someone fortunately questioned.

Saying made by "experts".
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -
    - Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys." -
    - Sir William Preece, chief engineer of the British Post Office, 1876.

"Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax." -
    - William Thomson, Lord Kelvin, British scientist, 1899.

"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this."
    -- Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique adhesives for 3-M "Post-It" Notepads.

"That Professor Goddard with his 'chair' in Clark College and the countenancing of the Smithsonian Institution does not know the relation of action to reaction, and of the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react--to say that would be absurd. Of course, he only seems to lack the knowledge ladled out daily in high schools."
    -- 1921 New York Times editorial about Robert Goddard's revolutionary rocket work. The remark was retracted in the July 17, 1969 issue.

And the list goes on.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Always follow the money. Who will global warming regulations make richer beyond the wildest dreams of avarice while stealing it from average Americans.

When Climate Exchange was a hot company I checked out the management and BOD. Almost all were European investment banking people.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I will get the ball rolling. Mr movealong, the data extend far into our past and beyond. for the last - lets be generous - hundred years or so we've gathered fairly accurate temperature data. explain how that data is normalized to biological and geological approximations for thousands of years previous.

Then continue with a mathematical discussion about how all predictive models are currently unable to predict the current cooling period.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, if you think you are so smart and I don't know what I'm talking about then lets make a bet, shall we?

So....from reading back through all of this "You" are the self proclaimed smartest man in the thread.
    Wow, who knew.

The science is flawed. They have been outed. Get past it and lets set up for the next scare tactic designed to get more of our money.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    WHERE ARE THE DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS?

i knew that diff eq 2 class would be useful for something!

maybe we can do some fun stuff with the lambda calculus?

cellular automata are sort of a hobby of mine.

can I join the cool kids?

Top Bottom