Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    consider the second and third order effects of these policies CLIMATE DENIERS hatch in their wet dreams.

Such as dying reefs, desalination of the sea (which will alter currents), loss of coastal land (requiring migration of millions or billions), etc.

But hey, at least YOU have your spare tire. Fark the planet. You'll be dead before the crap hits the fan.

On a related note, perhaps if the average driver dieted and lost 30 lbs., they could keep that "spare tire" and enjoy improved MPG/efficiency...

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Working under the assumption that auto manufacturers are no longer offering a spare tire as a weight-saving measure, and therefore increasing efficiency/mileage, removing the spare tire from one's own car would be an easy way to "walk the walk".

I wonder if any climate change activists have removed the spare tire from their own car(s)?

"Assumption"? And I'm sure some activists have purchased a new car recently. They don't all bicycle to work....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    exactly. sacrifice the safety equipment (spare tire), but make sure we have wifi and routers and LCD displays and seat warmers and multi-zone climate control and backup cameras and leather and telescoping steering wheels and automatic push-button folding seats, sound insulation, etc ... all of those require wiring harnesses or power or motors or add significant weight (or all the above), etc. but those are "important," and can't be sacrificed. but greenies gotta be green, so ditch the spare! Hooray I saved a planet!

-rvb

Yeah. That's a sane, logical solution...psyko

Well david, you do kinda own this whole line of discussion.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yeah. That's a sane, logical solution...psyko

46760923.jpg

I consider a spare to be safety equipment. You are suggesting we remove it.
    who's psyko now??
    But thanks for helping to prove my point.
    -rvb

ps: did you do an internship with Katie Couric? I see you selectively quoted my post, which was "sacrifice the safety equipment (spare tire)." Way to selectively quote my post to try to make it look like I advocate removing seat belts or something.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    See this. Pay attention to the years at the bottom.

LOL, Popsci. I used to get those magazines for years. I was really excited when popmech was doing a 4 part series on learning to fly. I saved the four months of mags to read it in one sitting. Already weary of their constant droning of global warming I sat down to read the first part. Not even halfway through the first page, the author made a comment about growing up in the Reagan years, as if he deserved a gold star for making it through. I was immediately POPagandaed out. Toss the mags out and let the subscriptions expire.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    How about we kill off about 90% of the planets human population? Sound like something a sane person would be for?
    I don't know. Doesn't decay put off a fair bit of gaseous byproduct? It will have to be done in batches so we don't release all that CO2 at once.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Such as dying reefs, desalination of the sea (which will alter currents), loss of coastal land (requiring migration of millions or billions), etc.

But hey, at least YOU have your spare tire. Fark the planet. You'll be dead before the crap hits the fan.

On a related note, perhaps if the average driver dieted and lost 30 lbs., they could keep that "spare tire" and enjoy improved MPG/efficiency...

Youre back! I see you didn't accept my insight into the game. No worries, I wasn't too optimistic you would open your eyes. I'm really kind of shocked, and in a strange way impressed, you're still hangin' in there on this absurd spare tire thing. I'll give you this, you're a trooper.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    If they were serious about saving weight, and actually thought about it, they would take out the back seat, dash, a/c compressor and cores. If they really cared about the planet, they would get rid of the abs system, brake booster and power steering. And they would use a smaller battery in the summer time.

There are no legitimate "insights" here.

The spare tire is just a cause celeb greenies can latch on to.

Again, it's the car companies who are eliminating the spares.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There are no legitimate "insights" here.

Again, it's the car companies who are eliminating the spares.

1) neither is your spare tire argument legit. Glad you can see that now.

2) I'm sure there is no profit motive for the car manufacturer's actions. Nope, none at all. Totally doing for the planet.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What's interesting is that pretty much all cars have GAINED weight over the last decade or more. Even the ones that lost their spare tire. Even with the weight gain, economy has gone UP.

For example:
    2003 Prius - 2765# curb weight - 52 City / 45 Highway
    2017 Prius - 3010# curb weight (and no spare tire) - 58 City / 53 Highway

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What's interesting is that pretty much all cars have GAINED weight over the last decade or more. Even the ones that lost their spare tire. Even with the weight gain, economy has gone UP.

For example:
    2003 Prius - 2765# curb weight - 52 City / 45 Highway
    2017 Prius - 3010# curb weight (and no spare tire) - 58 City / 53 Highway

The metals used in the auto industry have become more "exotic", and heavy.
    To meet increased safety requirements.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Go the other way.
    Add another spare, and some weights.

Well, sometimes I might leave the range bag with several rounds of ammunition in the back, just in case I might go to the range on a given day. That plus using a spare probably makes me a horrible person.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom