• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Would be interesting. I think Bass Pro has better fishing gear. I think Cabela's brand is better than Bass Pro's brand. Cabela's has a much better reloading and ammo selection and prices. Plus Cabela's runs really good sales.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I hope this does Not happen. Both have really good online ammo sales at Black Friday and some select holidays. Competition is good and keeps prices down. Monopoly is bad for the wallet.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Maybe some don't remember, Cabela's bought out Gander Mountains mail order business to get started. I would be totally against it but seeing as the Dems are in control it could happen as they seem to think that bigger is better as there are fewer to regulate.....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hate to see less choice in the marketplace.

But, mergers/acquisitions are how folks "innovate" today. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.

Like others, I wish we had something closer. Dicks is pretty worthless for anything other than sports and clothes. Gander is fine, but not nearly the breadth and depth of gear as either Cabelas or Bass Pro.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I read both articles on Bloomberg. Cabelas sales are UP 4.6 % but their shares fell because expectations were much higher. I don't understand sales going up, but missing expectations, so shares drop a ton. Anyway, looking into my crystal ball, I don't see Sydney Nebraska selling out any time soon. They'll bolster their footwear and whatever else they have to in order to make shares go up and investors chill.

Personally I've found customer service for returns at Cabelas WAY better than BP.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I read both articles on Bloomberg. Cabelas sales are UP 4.6 % but their shares fell because expectations were much higher. I don't understand sales going up, but missing expectations, so shares drop a ton.

The stock market thinks in terms of the future. When buying shares, you are buying a future income stream. If you are expecting X income in the future, but the company actually makes a lower amount, that lowers the value of the shares.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The stock market thinks in terms of the future. When buying shares, you are buying a future income stream. If you are expecting X income in the future, but the company actually makes a lower amount, that lowers the value of the shares.

Yep, that's how it works. If your expectations are too high, even a steady GROWTH is a bad thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With all this consolidation, who's going to gobble up Dick's?

Wait, is this another thread about Dick's? Just wait until VitaminK hears Dick's is under discussion again. He sure loves talking about Dick's. It's just Dick's, Dick's, Dick's with that guy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom