• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I have an old 18in bellota machete that i got in Costa Rica years ago. It needs a new handle as the one it came with is broken. Has anyone replaced a machete handle, or have any info that may be helpful for me in my attempt to get this machete back in working condition?

:ingo:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Full tang would mean you have two seperate handle slabs, one on each side, and can see the knife sandwiched between them at the handle.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Im having alot of trouble getting the broken handles off of this machete...and having alot of trouble finding any info on machetes in general via google searches(cant even find out basics of machetes without it all being that hot girl in a gun bra) I have no idea how to pry off the "rivets?" i just basically have no idea what im doing

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    ANy updates on this? I have two machetes that need new handles... :( But of course they are $10 bigbox specials so I don't want to spend too much on new handles.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    FWIW I was thinking of ordering this, or something very similar to craft them out of...

Micarta - Sheet - Canvas - Black - (3 x 12 x .3125)

But I have no idea on how to best fasten them together (or even shape the micarta but I will youtube that...)

Micarta is nice, maybe just a little to nice for an old cheap machete. Check out horse stall mat, you can buy it by the foot at Rural King and probably Tractor Supply.

Cut it to fit and shape it with an angle grinder or files, they are very comfy when done, allot of shock absorption.

Top Bottom