• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I just picked an E9. Took it out and put 150 rounds through it, 100 of Independence FMJ and 50 Winchester White FMJ. The gun is a masterpiece. The trigger pull feels like the new Ruger LCR but shorter.

The recoil is better than my Glock 26, much better. It's really accurate and I find the single dot-under-dot sight very good.

It never missed a beat and shot like a custom model (which some would consider the Kahr).

I knew it was a discontinued model when I bought it by the way. This thing shoots a lot like my CZ75 but it's smaller than my G26. What a Great pistol. I had gone to the shop to buy the cw9, but the shop owner said it was basically a cw9 with a bit more metal. So i got it.

Enjoy your CW9.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    My cw9 endured more last weekend. I've never had one issue with it. It's awesome all the way around. At rapid fire, I can hold a 6" (ish) group with it at 7-8 yards.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just picked an E9.

I had gone to the shop to buy the cw9, but the shop owner said it was basically a cw9 with a bit more metal. So i got it.

"A bit" more metal? Yeah, like twice as much... :):

FWIW, the E9 is a discontinued model. It was the economy version of the steel-framed K9, much like the CW9 is the economy version of the polymer-framed P9. The gun will doubtless serve you well; I just hope you didn't get bent over on the price.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I paid about 30 bucks more for it that they were selling the CW9. My dealer had a display case full of Kahrs. They all have a nice appearance and the dealer could explain every detail of each one of them. I would regret not purchasing the CW9 except that the pistol feels so good in my hands. The CW9 is such a NICE, LIGHT gun and the triggers on these things are fantastic.

I like this one so much I 'might' have to have one of their 45 models. As for getting bent over on the price, I have that "He'll pay retail + 10 percent" look about me. If I argue, I get to pay retail + 20 percent. It's something I've learned to live with :)

Last edited:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    The CW9 is the gun I carry most. You can't beat the size/capacity/weight of it. I've found that Kahr's don't like Wolf ammo very much but eat up everything else.

I have short pudgy digits for fingers and the HUGE palm swell of the Glock is just too much to be a comfortable grip. XDs, 1911s and Kahrs fit my hands (and pudgy digits) perfectly.

I feel very comfortable loading it with Federal HST and trusting it to save my life.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice review. I looked at Kahr once but didn't like giving up the capacity for the slightly slimmer profile. Then I found out Kahr is owned by the Moonies and didn't particularly care for supporting that organization. But, that's just me.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Nice review. I looked at Kahr once but didn't like giving up the capacity for the slightly slimmer profile. Then I found out Kahr is owned by the Moonies and didn't particularly care for supporting that organization. But, that's just me.

Ah, the people that formed the village on the moon. Let's keep this factual and firearm specific only, no politics.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shot a friend's PM9 and P45 today; wasn't very impressed with either one. :xmad: The P45 was wicked accurate, but had a number of reliability issues (failures to go into battery, live rounds wedging on the barrel hood when you try to eject them, stovepipes, and recoil causing me to inadvertently hit the mag catch and partially eject the mag in the middle of a string). The checkering on the backstrap was a bit coarse, making volume shooting uncomfortable.

The PM9 was just too small for the cartridge. Even with the extended mag in place, I could barely get 3 fingers on the gun, and it wasn't what I would call fun or easy to shoot, compared to my slightly-larger P9.

I tell ya, after shooting those flyweight plastic guns all morning, going to my all-steel K9 felt like shooting a 5906... lots of heft, but little recoil and laser accurate.

A K9 for general shooting, a P9 for IWB carry and a P380 for the pocket is my ideal Kahr battery.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i got my fiance a p9 because no other pistol really seemed to fit her hands right. i would have to completely modify my grip to fire it because my trigger finger scraped my support hand thumb w/ each shot, but i did really enjoy the way it shot when i one handed it, as did she. 0 malfunctions, even after i ran some garbage ammo through it. i do have a couple issues with it though. one is the spring. its extremely stiff. i dont know if she possesses the strength to rack it back to clear a jam. another is the dis/re assembly factor. it is very difficult for her to take apart and put back together by herself. its the most complicated process ive ever seen in a pistol.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i can do it, my worry is that she wont be able to, or will neglect to do it because of the complexity. it wont be a big deal when i get home, but it might be until then. ill send her a link to that video though.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I had read a while back that Kahr recommends something like a 200 round break in period before the gun is dead reliable. Having never owned one, I'm curious if any of you guys have seen any substantial difference between a fresh one and a broken in one.

Thanks,

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I had read a while back that Kahr recommends something like a 200 round break in period before the gun is dead reliable. Having never owned one, I'm curious if any of you guys have seen and substantial difference between a fresh one and a broken in one.

Thanks,

Funny you mention that. I put 200 rounds through mine the first range trip before I started carrying it.

It's had a lot more through it now; and, yesterday I noticed the trigger pull is so very smooth, breaking crisper and the overall function is getting very liquid. I've never had an issue with it since the beginning.

The only real identifiable issue with it, the first round likes to stick going into the chamber. I haven't cleaned for a few hundred rounds, and most of those were brown bear.

Powerball feeds better than all. You never have an issue with it cycling, just the initial hand operation of loading the chamber with the first round from a fresh mag. That forced intervention happens about 85% of the, still.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    The only real identifiable issue with it, the first round likes to stick going into the chamber. I haven't cleaned for a few hundred rounds, and most of those were brown bear.

we put about 250 rounds through it as well, and i had that same problem. it was also only on that first round for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom