• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To update, I broke my second pocket clip on Halloween.

rsx9gh.jpg

I already had a backup clip on order so it should arrive soon.

INGOer Glock also PM'd me with an offer to send me a clip he's modified to be more sturdy. I look forward to trying it out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Question:

If you keep breaking the clips, have you considered a different method of carry? Either one that puts less stress on the clip or one that doesn't rely on it at all?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm curious to what location of your pocket the light is carried at.

I've been carrying my LX2 everyday since December, and I use it everyday as well, and haven't broken any clips.

It's carried in my left pocket, towards the front. I carry a Spyderco Manix2 in the same pocket, and its placed in the rear. The light is carried bezel down, and slanted toward the left. This allows me to walk, sit, kneel, bend, crouch, etc without the light digging into my leg with no interference at all. I also find carrying it this way allows no strain on the clip as well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you keep breaking the clips, have you considered a different method of carry? Either one that puts less stress on the clip or one that doesn't rely on it at all?

No, as clipped to a pocket is an uber-convenient method, much like carrying a folder. The added bulk of a holster or holder would be less ideal and make me less likely to carry a light.

I'm curious to what location of your pocket the light is carried at.

I've been carrying my LX2 everyday since December, and I use it everyday as well, and haven't broken any clips.

It's carried in my left pocket, towards the front. I carry a Spyderco Manix2 in the same pocket, and its placed in the rear. The light is carried bezel down, and slanted toward the left. This allows me to walk, sit, kneel, bend, crouch, etc without the light digging into my leg with no interference at all. I also find carrying it this way allows no strain on the clip as well.

I carry it every day in my left pocket, bezel down, pointed straight down the side of my leg.

Like this:

Belt%202-17_zpsc06f6c97.jpg

Now, I do use the light every day at work, so it does come in and out of the pocket often. Both times when the clip broke it wasn't due to overstress (like if it had bent until broken). Instead I realized it had broken when I went to pull the light out and the clip simply stayed hooked on my pocket.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No, as clipped to a pocket is an uber-convenient method, much like carrying a folder. The added bulk of a holster or holder would be less ideal and make me less likely to carry a light.

You could try putting in your pocket in a different orientation. For instance, toward the inside of the pocket and angle it so it matches the fold of your hip when you sit. You could try your back pocket. You could try wearing it inside your waistband in the appendix position the way some carry larger folding (and sometimes nonfolding) knives. You could try a holster that isn't bulky, like a horizontal elastic loop on the back of your belt. The way you're doing it now and a giant, belt hogging holster aren't the only two options.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Necro-bump to say . . . . . broke the clip again!

Glock (the INGOer) was kind enough to weld my last clip together, and it held up for quite some time. But a couple days ago I was getting out of my truck and it popped.

2rmm891.jpg

Luckily I had a spare on hand from the last time this happened, so I was right back in business. Now I'm off to the Surefire parts replacement page. . . . again.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When I broke mine all I did was go to the website and they sent another free of charge. Annoying yes but they are at least taking care of the customer. Most times I don't even use the clip.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I switched my LX2 and my wife's LX2 over to the E1B clip, and never looked back. I prefer bezel up carry anyway, and I have a hard time imagining how I would ever manage to break the E1B clip. It's a tank.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You're doing it wrong....

Aren't they all clicky tailcaps though? :stickpoke:

Indeed they are! And good thing too. I have an injury to my thumb that makes it tough to hold a tailswitch depressed right now. I can, however, click it and leave it on until I want it turned off. Good thing I chose my gear to meet my needs and preferences, eh?

Top Bottom