Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am at Zero and have been for a month. . . I know where I rank.

Edit- I appriciate the feedback from those thinking I was at zero feedback. I meant I was at zero points allowed to give someone else. Sorry for the confusion.

As a side note, I am still at zero points to give someone and have been since the change.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, just to go with it here, I only ever had as much as +2/-2 after the reset, that went to ±1 immediately after the whole OC In Mo thread debacle for whatever reason. It is there now and stays there and is fine by me and isn't my question.

I get what a red rectangle is in my rep report and a green one but what are the grey ones? I suppose those are folks telling me they agree with everything I said (which is the note that goes with the two grey reps I got) but felt no need to actually give me any rep points? Again, fine with me as you can se my little rep score show off is turned off.

I am simply trying to figure out what all the new stuff means. Thanks

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, just to go with it here, I only ever had as much as +2/-2 after the reset, that went to ±1 immediately after the whole OC In Mo thread debacle for whatever reason. It is there now and stays there and is fine by me and isn't my question.

I get what a red rectangle is in my rep report and a green one but what are the grey ones? I suppose those are folks telling me they agree with everything I said (which is the note that goes with the two grey reps I got) but felt no need to actually give me any rep points? Again, fine with me as you can se my little rep score show off is turned off.

I am simply trying to figure out what all the new stuff means. Thanks

You're right. A grey one is where the person didn't select positive or negative rep points to give.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When the board changed a couple months ago, that first week I was able to leave 6 points of rep. After those were gone, I have not been able to leave any, I have been at zero. For nearly two months now I have not been able to leave any rep . . . why? Thanks for the help.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Try this again. They don't care if things work right or not. They don't care if we are happy or not. The only thing they care about is that they are getting money from advertisers. This should be working smooth by now, but they don't care.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yes. Based on the comments and the fact that zero is the default points given.
    Maybe they thought your comment was good but not worth rep. Just saying here since I have a couple grey's myself with comments that feel lie they meant to add to my rep. Hard to say what's in another's mind. :dunno:

Like I say, what's rep here mean in real world terms anyway that people run pyramid scams just to boost theirs?
    No one should be able to leave more than a single rep point IMO.

If it were up to me the whole rep thing would be turned off completely.
    It just makes the newbs think someone who doesn't know something, assume that they do. :twocents:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When the board changed a couple months ago, that first week I was able to leave 6 points of rep. After those were gone, I have not been able to leave any, I have been at zero. For nearly two months now I have not been able to leave any rep . . . why? Thanks for the help.

Maybe they thought your comment was good but not worth rep.

Or they're like this guy and many others who are limited to zero points. I know this to be true for at least 3 of them as they are people I interact with in the real world and have discussed it with them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've yet to see an explanation of the rep system mechanics but it appears your rep point "power" has something to do with the number of posts you have. Dunno.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've yet to see an explanation of the rep system mechanics but it appears your rep point "power" has something to do with the number of posts you have. Dunno.

From what I've gathered, it's some combination of rep, post count, and possibly how long you've been on the forum. Idk. It doesn't seem like the support/suggestions gets much attention from those in the know these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom