• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I think emails, phone calls and written letters are all valuable and should all be sent/made. Certainly I think that phone calls are of higher value followed by written letters. But all should be done.

I wrote something simple and straight to the point.

Mr. ____
    Please uphold and support the Second Amendment. Please do all you possibly can to put down the upcoming assault weapon legislation.
    Thank you,

I think an email should be short and sweet - five sentences or less. Save the multi-paragraph message for a letter. I also think the phone call should be short and to the point.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    Emailed Coats and Rokita the following. Will snail mail the same tomorrow.

##################################################
    Greetings,
    I am writing to urge you to uphold the Second Amendment of the Constitution. Please do all you can to vote down the upcoming assault weapons legislation and any further attempt at violating our Second Amendment. While I fully understand and emphathize with the painful loss of those in the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook, blaming firearms and firearm owners is not the solution.
    If your goal is to protect our children and make a safer society, it is important to enact legislation to do so. Banning firearms and/or magazines will not make a safer society. This has been proven during the 1994 -2004 ban. Meaningful measures include; working to improve the economy, working to help allow more legal carry environments available to people including teachers, making it easier to commit the insane. The economic factor is likely the largest factor in helping to curb violence. In the face of violence, people must have the option to defend themselves. Do not strip us of our property and Constitutional Rights by passing any additional anti-gun laws that have historically produced no positive effect on crime.
    The American people have an inalienable right to defend ourselves and our families. This Right is granted, and guaranteed, by the United States Constitution; a document which you have not only taken a sworn oath to support, but to also defend. The Constitution and the American People’s Rights are under attack. It is now up to you to follow your sworn oath and defend them.
    We will not stand idly by and let our rights be further diminished. I ask you to stand up for our rights and stand for the Constitution.

Thank you,

#######################################################

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have sent e-mails to Coats and Pence. However, I could not find a working e-mail for Luger or Donelly. I have the e-mail saved on my computer so I can cut / paste and go.

I figured I will check again in 2 weeks. I would think the new freshmen would have some form of contact setup by then and allow us to contact them.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Well I have written mine via. E-mail. I should have done snail but I have not yet. However my new rep as of this year is Carson and with the new district lines he has not updated his website and it will not accept my letter. Then you come to Donnely and his phone number is down and website is not up. Also Carson's phones are down as well. What a joke. I did write my old Congressman Dan Burton and Senator Coats at least.

Top Bottom