• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Doing my part. Each letter has already been emailed. They have also been typed, and I just got done hand writing them.

16602_10151171287221851_1974254593_n.jpg

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Let them know how you feel

Just mailed off five letters myself (the old fashioned way). My letters were short, polite but to the point. I have signed more petitions and sent more correspondence to my state represenatives in the past week than the restof my life. Now is the time to keep up the pressure. It is no good wishing you had done something after the fact.

Here's the links again for looking up Indiana's representatives information:

Indiana in the 112th Congress (2nd Session)

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

I used the following address for Andre Carson per an earlier update by Lecaia713
    "According to Carson's website, his address in D.C. is 2453 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515-1407"

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Don't forget to email, fax and call... Congressional mail can be delayed 2-3 weeks due to irradiation... We don't have that kind of time!

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Just finished emailing Burton, Coates and Lugar (lot of good this one will do). I wrote out hard copies and have them stamped and in the mail box, faxing on Wednesday as well.

Then spent the last 30 mins explaining to my 9 year (who loves to shoot) what is at risk and why I am doing what I am doing. At 9 he gets that banning guns isn't the answer...he said the principal should have had a gun that would have stopped him...I hugged him and just said "you are so right bud"

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yep, just finished my emails to Burton and Coats. Like someone mentioned, I saved it as a word document so I can print out and snail mail them.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Letters sent to Coats and Rokita. Wasn't sure if it was appropriate to mail Donnelly yet, as he has not taken office.

Ditto for me. Waiting until next week to send a ton of communications toward Donnelly. Coats and Rokita I feel fairly comfortable know where their bread is buttered. Donnelly seems much more likely to "compromise" and support some type of watered down version of the bill. I plan to remind him in clear terms that his constituents do not and will not support that.

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    keep rand paul on my short list. read rpt on kids semi-auto, no selector. if they were 3 rds bursts, no can do. we got another m auseroswaldboltaction.

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Most (if not all) members of congress have Facebook and Twitter pages/accounts. Just do a quick search on Facebook and Twitter. It costs nothing for us to post on their walls and send tweets. It's instantaneous also.

Today while sending Tweets to members of congress, I learned that there are a lot of groups that congressional members belong to or subscribe to. Tweeting a message to these groups reaches a lot of people quickly and maximizes exposure. All the anti gun wackos are easy to find.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    burned out rep again, but keep them coming!

For those of you waiting on Donnelly to have his Senatorial site up, please use this for now (it is from his site):

"If you wish to voice your opinion or request assistance from my office, please call our temporary office at 202.225.3915."

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Messages sent

Ok, so we are at the start of something that will take work to win.

While we are busy on the net "Posting from the rooftops!" there is real action that is needed.

The first and easiest is to send letters to your elected officials. Letters beat emails, and handwritten beats printed. Short and logical beats out long and emotional. And be sure to tell them in the first 3 sentences what you are asking of them.

Be polite and well dressed.

Now here is the deal! For everyone who posts in this thread that they have put letters in the mail - I will give you rep in trade. I expect that others will join in, but at least you will get some from me and rep is nommy.

To help this process along here are links to for the addresses to your congress critters:

Indiana in the 112th Congress (2nd Session)

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Now, go and send your letters and give me posts to rep!

I emailed my essay titled, "Be Careful Disarming America" to Todd Rokita and Dan Coats. Also, I emailed to do Sen Feinstein, but it was returned "Out Of State". So, I set it up as a letter, and will mail it to her DC office.

And, I sent the essay out to 20+ people on my email list. None of these are politicians, but the message is out there.

Redtbird
    Giving my :twocents:

Top Bottom