• ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    return

im always on time when returning someones property when they loan it to me.i would just return it to them if you know where it came from,and to bad if it happens to pop a tire or land in a car window.remember no law for use of deadly weapons in around your house.that is just shocking that the leo did nothing:dunno:that is like going out in the front yard and using the house next door as a back stop

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You have got to be freaking kidding me...There is nothing they can do?

OK, firing deadly weapons isn't illegal in your area, does the same go for vandalism? Because I am guessing that hole that was put in your siding doesn't increase the value of your home.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sure there is something they charge them with but who is they? Back in our day we manned up to crap like this. No one will admit to it if the cops went around and asked so what is the point. My new house will have a minimum of 1 camera per side going to a hard drive so I can go back and try to catch these people. If I build where I currently plan to there will be no reason for anyone to be near my house period. If I can get people on video, they will be charged with tresspassing.

I'm getting tired of working for my stuff only to have douches tear it up. I guess it is all my fault because I have nice things and the unemployed loser in the trailer can't afford his rent. He's getting evicted so how dare I rub my success in his face by simply living across the street from him. Sadly this is how our society operates nowadays.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How about you take a gauge loaded with 00 and let one fly though the wall of one of those trailers when no one is home... Eye for an eye right?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Maybe you should write a letter to the editor of your local paper describing the incident and what could've happened (with the arrow being so close to your daughter's room). Also mention that LE did nothing to help.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    It's funny I find this thread now, I just got home from a my brother's gf's mother's lake house. We painted it did some yard work and generally fixed the place up as a surprise for her mom. The guy next door is a recluse and his place is trashed we had a little run in with him but nothing so deadly!!!
    Back in our day we manned up to crap like this.
    you would man up get your *** kicked and drive on... I second the letter to the editor and maybe one to the owner who rents to morons??? I can't imagine they like having people trash their property and then not pay rent!!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    You should definitely go over and say something. Its the old "Give a mouse a cookie" lesson. What will they do the next Saturday night? Through a brick through your window? Let then know your not pleased, and use big words that they won't understand...:)

jkc054054

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I am a landlord for a house I own in Avon. Except for the last tenant, I have had nothing but problems with tenants and property managers since I started renting out the house. I manage the property now and so far, fingers crossed, the tenant is decent. The last tenant, when the house was managed by a property manager, painted one bedroom and adjoining bathroom bright gold, including the trim, baseboards, and door; they painted another bedroom bright purple including the baseboards, ceiling, trim, and closet door. What idiots. They drilled a hole in a bedroom wall to the other bedroom so they could push coax cable for tv from one bedroom to the adjoining bedroom; they pulled up the carpet so they could lay the coax cable from one bedroom to the loft and then layed the carpet back down on top of the coax. What morons. They broke the lease, my property manager quit, and I got the keys from the tenant. She thought she had left the house in acceptable condition. I found out that the water heater had been leaking for some time in the laundry room and seeped into an adjoining bedroom closet, ruining the carpet and baseboard and the lower half of the drywall. She told me she had never gotten around to telling the property manager. There was a hole in a bedroom wall caused by her ex-boyfriend's fist. The hole was as big as my fist and she was trying to patch it with globs of plaster. What an idiot.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Writing a letter to the paper probably won't do any good as I'm sure the renters would never see it. My local Leo area is too small to ruffle feathers. The renters are on their way out. I've got my fire pit out by there so I'll be oc'ing my G21 out there this weekend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I'm a renter, and quite frankly, I find this thread offensive.

Well, not really, as I've never fired an arrow into a neighboring house. The old lady across the street complained about my grass being too high once, but then I finally got the crappy lawnmower that came with the house to work, and that was the end of that.

And the cops won't do anything about it? Wow. Thats ridiculous. Like you said, sometimes they're just too busy with speeders and people that fail to signal while changing lanes to follow up on someone shooting a steel tipped arrow at your friggin house.

Not to speak this as a rant against the guys in uniform...sometimes the priorities you are given are just incredibly retarded, but I understand you're just doing your job.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know not all renters are bad but stereotypes have some element of truth to them or they wouldn't exist. I'd say if you are a landlord you have at least a 30 percent chance that a tenant is going to be a turd. By that I mean trouble getting your rent, damaging your property or causing problems for other property owners. I still stand by my earlier statement that I'd burn my house down before I'd rent it out to someone.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Its reasons like this that my parents wouldn't rent my house (was my grandparent' house) out to anybody but family. Cause they knew it would likely get torn up and not taken care of. So they rented it to me. Can't say I'm complaining any ;)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    there was some neighbor kids whose parents were renters, they were throwing bricks at my other neighbor's car

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    hornadylnl: You know where I stand on this issue :xmad:, so I'll try & bring a little twisted humor to it.

Put a sign on your mailbox... THE ALAMO, or FORT APACHE, or BROKEN ARROW COMMAND POST

Attach the actual arrow to the sign as a symbol that you'll stand your ground.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    .......Funny, because every time I call them about a nuisance dog, they always seem to tell me that I'll be in trouble if I shoot it.......

That's odd, I believe you but down here in Scott County the Sheriff's Dept told me that there is nothing they can do if I do shoot the dog.

I learned that first hand. I had the neighbors call the law on me for shooting their dog and I wasn't even at home. I was at work that day and the dog actually got hit by the garbage truck. They swore up and down that I shot it and the LEO called me at work while I was on lunch. I chuckled and told him I was a decent shot but to hit a dog at over 50miles, nah it wasn't me. He said it didn't matter anyway because the State has leash laws and the dog obviously wasn't on one so he couldn't do anything if I did shoot it. I can't recall how many times I have called the Sheriff's Dept to have them send out the dog catcher and he never shows and when I call back they just tell me if it is being aggressive or destroying property to just shoot it. Most of the time I have the wife ask around since she works at the local general store and if no one claims the stray I'll warn it with some light dove load, but if it comes back it is toast.

Cats on the other hand don't get the warning shot!:D

Top Bottom