• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Is there a number that I can call to check on the progress of an application? I sent in my renewal 5 weeks ago and still haven't got it in the mail....:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is there a number that I can call to check on the progress of an application? I sent in my renewal 5 weeks ago and still haven't got it in the mail....:dunno:

ISP
    Firearms Licensing Section

317-233-5054

But if they still do things the same way they did 4 years ago, the last step is to put your name in the computer.

Seems bassackwards to me, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I did the online application and paid online along with taking the option to pay a private firm to do my fingerprints. I used Meadows Hospital here in Bloomington to do the prints. They got me in 3 business days after I applied online. I waited a week from the fingerprints to go into the Sheriff's office to pay them. I went back a week later to pickup my paperwork to send into the ISP. I got my LTCH 5 days after sending it out in the mail. It would appear that the online option has some advantages in terms of speed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've just noticed another new county in which one may apply for a LTCH online: Shelby county is the newest addition to the list.

Citizens living in the following 28 counties may now apply online for their LTCH prior to visiting the CLEO to get printed.

ADAMS
    ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    BROWN
    CASS
    CLARK
    CLINTON
    DELAWARE
    ELKHART
    FLOYD
    GREENE
    HARRISON
    HENDRICKS
    HOWARD
    JAY
    JACKSON
    JENNINGS
    LAWRENCE
    MARION
    MIAMI
    MONROE
    OWEN
    PORTER
    SCOTT
    SHELBY
    WASHINGTON
    WELLS

The site to do so is Application for Handgun License.

This, BTW, is 28 of 92 counties in Indiana, or 30%, with more counties adding this capability on an infrequent basis.

Blessings,
    Bill

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Just turned in my application 12-14-09 at Vanderburgh county sheriff office. Was told in 5 to 6 weeks to expect a call to bring money and get fingerprints. Then send to state. We will see how long that takes. I am already tired of waiting.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Just turned in my application 12-14-09 at Vanderburgh county sheriff office. Was told in 5 to 6 weeks to expect a call to bring money and get fingerprints. Then send to state. We will see how long that takes. I am already tired of waiting.

5 to 6 weeks before they'll complete the application to send to the state!!! What the h***? And you people down there continue to put up with this?

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Applying tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get a Money order really early in the morning? I work 4a-2p and the hours are 9-11, however my job is on wheels :)

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I got mine at Krogers. The one down the street from me is open 24 hours. But not all are. I think Wal-Mart has em also. And then there is the post office. The one in Park Fletcher opens at 8am but not all post offices have the same hours.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    applied on line last week then went to sheriff's office today and sent it off.....i'll post when it comes......sheriff said 10 weeks!!!....i hope not...

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I talked to a guy today who moved before his LTCH arrived. He filled out a change of address. Any guesses whether it will find him?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I did the online renewal last night, went to L-1 and got fingerprinted and stopped by the Speedway Police Department to finish up my renewal today(02/09/10). I called the State Police to ask them a question, and was told that my application should be done by Friday!!! So, that being said, I should have it the first part of next week. I'll update here when I actually get my pretty little pink lifetime LTCH. :rockwoot:

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did the online renewal last night, went to L-1 and got fingerprinted and stopped by the Speedway Police Department to finish up my renewal today(02/09/10). I called the State Police to ask them a question, and was told that my application should be done by Friday!!! So, that being said, I should have it the first part of next week. I'll update here when I actually get my pretty little pink lifetime LTCH. :rockwoot:
    I did the same thing on 2/4/10 and I got it in the mail today. 5 days. I couldn't belive it.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

arnoldpalmerijr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    se indianapolis
    all you have to do is go to the bmv with 2 different printouts of your bank statement with your in address and change your id and then go file. it is really simple other than that 2 hour wait the last time i went to the bmv. you have to file online first though and then you get a number and take that number to the gun permit place and its a whole lot easier with a money order for 50 and another for 75 and that is it.

Top Bottom