• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    I did the online renewal last night, went to L-1 and got fingerprinted and stopped by the Speedway Police Department to finish up my renewal today(02/09/10). I called the State Police to ask them a question, and was told that my application should be done by Friday!!! So, that being said, I should have it the first part of next week. I'll update here when I actually get my pretty little pink lifetime LTCH. :rockwoot:

Which number did you call? I've been waiting 10 weeks now and got the run around when I called:xmad:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Which number did you call? I've been waiting 10 weeks now and got the run around when I called:xmad:

Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section: 317-233-5054. It's listed in the FAQ in the General Firearms Discussion. :D Seriously though, it took me about 10 minutes of busy signals before I finally got through.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    And....the postman just showed up, and my lifetime LTCH was in the mail! :D :D :D 5 days from signing the application at Speedway PD to getting the license in my mailbox. Not bad, not bad at all!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've just noticed another two new counties in which one may apply for a LTCH online.

Citizens living in the following 30 counties may now apply online for their LTCH prior to visiting the CLEO to get printed.

ADAMS
    ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    BROWN
    CASS
    CLARK
    CLINTON
    DELAWARE
    ELKHART
    FLOYD
    GREENE
    HARRISON
    HENDRICKS
    HOWARD
    JACKSON
    JAY
    JENNINGS
    LAKE
    LAWRENCE
    MARION
    MIAMI
    MONROE
    OWEN
    PORTER
    SCOTT
    SHELBY
    TIPPECANOE
    WASHINGTON
    WELLS

The site to do so is Application for Handgun License.

This, BTW, is 30 of 92 counties in Indiana, or 32.6%, with more counties adding this capability on an infrequent basis.

Last edited:

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Awesome, finally Tippecanoe! Just signed up on L-1 and made an appointment for Monday. I just hope the Sheriff's dept will know what to do or what I'm talking about if i mention this online/L-1 way of applying. What did the local PD have you online/L-1 application guys do at the station? More paperwork? Just wanting a heads up on what to expect from them.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Awesome, finally Tippecanoe! Just signed up on L-1 and made an appointment for Monday. I just hope the Sheriff's dept will know what to do or what I'm talking about if i mention this online/L-1 way of applying. What did the local PD have you online/L-1 application guys do at the station? More paperwork? Just wanting a heads up on what to expect from them.
    I'm pretty sure they will know what to do. You go in and tell them your name and address and they will come back with a printed copy of your online application. They will ask you to look over it, to make sure the info is correct and then have you sign it. Then they fingerprint you. In some counties you give them the money order for the county fee and the money order for the state fee and they take care of the rest. In Elkhart county, where I live. They had me fill out a self addressed envelope which they used to send me the results of the criminal check. Then they gave me a big envelope addressed to the state police and told me when I got the criminal check back put it in the big envelope and send it off. Everything worked fine.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Forgive me if this is a duplicate question, but I have tried searching thru the forums and have not found anything similar. I recently moved to Indiana (Porter county) and attempted to fill out the online application for the LTCH only to be stopped by the fact that I was not born in the US, though I am a US citizen. Am I going to run into the same problem when I go to the local police station to try in person, or is it just an artifact of the online form?

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Can a local police department charge you in advance before giving you the forms to fill out? My niece went to get an application and the South Bend Police Department said she needed to pay $50 to get the forms. They wouldn't give her the forms until she paid. Since she is 26 and a little knew to this stuff she or the clerk (:rolleyes:) might have been confused during the verbal exchange. She's out of town now but I thought I would go try to get the forms and see what happens. But wouldn't mind some information from here before going down. I live in a different area and there were no problems.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can a local police department charge you in advance before giving you the forms to fill out? My niece went to get an application and the South Bend Police Department said she needed to pay $50 to get the forms. They wouldn't give her the forms until she paid. Since she is 26 and a little knew to this stuff she or the clerk (:rolleyes:) might have been confused during the verbal exchange. She's out of town now but I thought I would go try to get the forms and see what happens. But wouldn't mind some information from here before going down. I live in a different area and there were no problems.

My local PD doesn't give out the forms, they have you fill them out there. That might be why they want the $ up front. Although the lady at the Monticello PD had me pay after everything was filled out and we were waiting for an officer to come in and print me.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've just noticed another new county in which one may apply for a LTCH online.

Citizens living in the following 30 counties may now apply online for their LTCH prior to visiting the CLEO to get printed.

ADAMS
    ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    BROWN
    CASS
    CLARK
    CLINTON
    DELAWARE
    ELKHART
    FLOYD
    GREENE
    HARRISON
    HENDRICKS
    HOWARD
    JACKSON
    JAY
    JENNINGS
    LAKE
    LAWRENCE
    MARION
    MIAMI
    MONROE
    MONTGOMERY
    OWEN
    PORTER
    SCOTT
    SHELBY
    TIPPECANOE
    WASHINGTON
    WELLS

The site to do so is Application for Handgun License.

This, BTW, is 31 of 92 counties in Indiana, or 33.7%, with more counties adding this capability on an infrequent basis.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I had a very good experience applying in sullivan county. The Officer filled the application out completely for me. All I had to do is put my money order in and mail it in the envelope they gave me. The sheriff even came in while I was there and shot the bull. good people here. I need to go to jail more often. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yet another update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now comes Newton County. Residents of that county and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting.

The list of counties follows:

1. ADAMS
    2. ALLEN
    3. BARTHOLOMEW
    4. BOONE
    5. BROWN
    6. CASS
    7. CLARK
    8. CLINTON
    9. DELAWARE
    10. ELKHART
    11. FLOYD
    12. GREENE
    13. HARRISON
    14. HENDRICKS
    15. HOWARD
    16. JACKSON
    17. JAY
    18. JENNINGS
    19. LAKE
    20. LAWRENCE
    21. MARION
    22. MIAMI
    23. MONROE
    24. MONTGOMERY
    25. NEWTON
    26. OWEN
    27. PORTER
    28. SCOTT
    29. SHELBY
    30. TIPPECANOE
    31. WASHINGTON
    32. WELLS
    This brings our ratio to 32 of 92 counties, or 34.8%

The information on this can be found at Application for Handgun License

Blessings,
    Bill

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Mo CCW

I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks
    Heck I thought Missouri was one of those states you didn't need a CCW, thought you could carry all the time. The only problem I have with Indiana's permit system is that you can't carry in a car with out a permit, In Ky you can carry in a glove compartment legally without the need for a CCW:ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now comes Wayne County. Residents of that county and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting.

1. ADAMS
    2. ALLEN
    3. BARTHOLOMEW
    4. BOONE
    5. BROWN
    6. CASS
    7. CLARK
    8. CLINTON
    9. DELAWARE
    10. ELKHART
    11. FLOYD
    12. GREENE
    13. HARRISON
    14. HENDRICKS
    15. HOWARD
    16. JACKSON
    17. JAY
    18. JENNINGS
    19. LAKE
    20. LAWRENCE
    21. MARION
    22. MIAMI
    23. MONROE
    24. MONTGOMERY
    25. NEWTON
    26. OWEN
    27. PORTER
    28. SCOTT
    29. SHELBY
    30. TIPPECANOE
    31. WASHINGTON
    32. WAYNE
    33. WELLS
    This brings our ratio to 33 of 92 counties, or 35.9%

Blessings,
    Bill`

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now comes Johnson County. Residents of that county and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting.

1. ADAMS
    2. ALLEN
    3. BARTHOLOMEW
    4. BOONE
    5. BROWN
    6. CASS
    7. CLARK
    8. CLINTON
    9. DELAWARE
    10. ELKHART
    11. FLOYD
    12. GREENE
    13. HARRISON
    14. HENDRICKS
    15. HOWARD
    16. JACKSON
    17. JAY
    18. JENNINGS
    19. JOHNSON
    20. LAKE
    21. LAWRENCE
    22. MARION
    23. MIAMI
    24. MONROE
    25. MONTGOMERY
    26. NEWTON
    27. OWEN
    28. PORTER
    29. SCOTT
    30. SHELBY
    31. TIPPECANOE
    32. WASHINGTON
    33. WAYNE
    34. WELLS
    This brings our ratio to 34 of 92 counties, or 37%

Blessings,
    Bill

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I just went today to the city county building downtown Indianapolis. I filled out the application online, went to L1 for fingerprints and then went downtown paid $50 money order for local fee and just showed them I went to L1 they took me back and took a thumb and index finger print and said I'd have it in 2-4 weeks. It was pretty simple and took maybe 30 minutes including walking from parking area to city building and travelling to Midwest Toxicology where L1 is.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now comes Hamilton County. Residents of that county and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting.

1. ADAMS
    2. ALLEN
    3. BARTHOLOMEW
    4. BOONE
    5. BROWN
    6. CASS
    7. CLARK
    8. CLINTON
    9. DELAWARE
    10. ELKHART
    11. FLOYD