Remington .45 ACP 230grn. FMJ info needed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I can't seem to find info on this bullet in any of the reloading manuals I have or any manuals I have looked through.
    If anyone knows of a manual that might have Remington info that would be awesome.

I am going to be using Clays powder with this bullet and am looking for the COL.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I really like Clays. It saves money, is accurate, relatively clean, and recoil isn't bad. As Fishers said, any specs for a jacketed 230g bullet should work well.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    Thanks for the info. I wanted to be sure before I made assumptions. With variations in FMJ styles (FN/RN) I was not sure if the COL would be different.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I can't seem to find info on this bullet in any of the reloading manuals I have or any manuals I have looked through.
    If anyone knows of a manual that might have Remington info that would be awesome.

I am going to be using Clays powder with this bullet and am looking for the COL.

I found a bag of those too and tried them out. I don't have the actual data in front of me but all of my FMJ RN loads work fine at 1.260 in my R1.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the info. I wanted to be sure before I made assumptions. With variations in FMJ styles (FN/RN) I was not sure if the COL would be different.

You are right ! Whether it is a FMJ-RN or a FMJ-FP, there can be a difference in your OAL.

You will want to loading them accordingly to your bullet profile. You will want to verify the OAL is both safe and make sure it functions in your mag/pistol.

I have found in MY .45's, an OAL of 1.260 works well with the RN and an OAL of 1.21 works well when using the FP profile.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I ordered a few manuals and will compare them with what I have now before I do anything. I have an XD45 which will run just about anything lol.

doddsracing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Norman,IN
    I load a lot of 230 rn some jacketed and some plated what ever brand I can find I load everything to the same OAL I us a Wilson case length gage ,all three 1911`s eat what ever I feed them no problem.

Top Bottom