• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So a while back I purchased a left handed Remington 1100. I am not left handed. I only bought it cause it was so clean. It is a 79 and has about 200 rounds through it. Was wondering what a average value would be. Are left handed models more expensive or less also do we even have any leftys on this sight. Thanks ahead of time

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm a lefty... while I cant comment on the actual value, I personally wouldnt pay more. Maybe its because Ive grown accustomed to shooting right handed guns. (and the inability to quickly sell it later if I grow tired of it) :dunno:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I too am a lefty when it comes to long guns. I have no problem shooting a standard Rem 1100, but I might pay a little more just to have a lefty version. Less than $100 though as a rough guess.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is something my father (a southpaw) told me about left handed weapons when I was a wee lad and went with him to the Powder Keg Gun Shop in Floyds Knobs to trade one (a left handed rifle) in on a different gun....

"Boy I sure enough learned something about left handed guns today...When you are going to buy one they are scarce and expensive and when you are going to trade one they ain't worth crap because they are too hard to move...I will never buy another left handed gun as long as I live."

And he hasn't......

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is something my father (a southpaw) told me about left handed weapons when I was a wee lad and went with him to the Powder Keg Gun Shop in Floyds Knobs to trade one (a left handed rifle) in on a different gun....

"Boy I sure enough learned something about left handed guns today...When you are going to buy one they are scarce and expensive and when you are going to trade one they ain't worth crap because they are too hard to move...I will never buy another left handed gun as long as I live."

And he hasn't......

I was told that long ago as well. Lol.

Sometimes being a lefty sucks.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    As a lefty I alway wanted a left handed firearm. Several years ago I bought one, it was a LH 1100. It was beautiful shotgun and worked flawless, but I sold it this is why.
    1 it was not a good choice for teaching my right handed kids on how to shoot.
    2 Hard to justify, traded it for 2 regular shotguns. It was not economically feasible to keep at the time.
    3 I could never get use to it, turns out I am use to shells ejecting in my face. The manual of arms is wrong, constantly reaching for a bolt that was on the opposite side. Even though it was "right" for a lefty it was wrong.

I would however love to have a lefty bolt rifle.

Yote7mmSlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    My dad is a lefty and has always wanted a left handed semi (1187) but never bought one .. If it's for sale I might be interested for him

varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville

And he hasn't......
    That is why I'd love to find an affordable LH rifle, I'd never sell it. Passed up one, one time, I was at a LGS and a guy was trying to trade one in, and they weren't offering didly squat. I had just bought a rifle, and was tapped out, or I would have offered him something more than they offered. If only I had more money, I would buy up all the orphaned LH rifles, and give them a good home...."a gun is not a gun until it is loved by a child....uh, gun guy"

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    LH here. Never had one. Missed out on an opportunity to buy 1100 or 1187 a few years back. Just thought it would be nice to have one. I have never shot a LH gun of any kind. I would like to have a LH bolt action 22 rifle but since I want one with open sights it probably won't happen. Most of them seem to be scope mount setups or peep sights at the least. I would probably not pay more for the things already mentioned. If I did wind up with a LH gun I would likely have no intention of selling it, so it would really be something that I was going to shoot pretty regular. Like a shotgun for trap or a 22 rifle. My son is RH, so that is the one thing I have thought about when I do see LH guns from time to time and deters me from buying since he will wind up with all my stuff one day.

Top Bottom