• ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    WACO = We Ain't Coming Out

I know several people who lived near the compound. What a botched job. If they wanted Koresh, they could've picked him up at the bank earlier that day. Or on the street and about town anytime during the week. But they decided to make a "splash", and boy did they.

Holy crap. I made that post one year ago; at that point I would have never imagined that I'd be living in Waco.

I went to see the compound in October. There's several memorials on site, including one to the law enforcement that lost their lives(surprised me). The church has a map and cliff-notes history pamphlet, and you can freely walk the grounds.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Indeed so. Summary execution by gunfire followed by summary execution by arson has no redeeming qualities. The only winners were the federal government which demonstrated that it will steamroll anyone it wants and get away with it, and Lon Horiuchi who had another occasion to indulge his sociopathic tendencies without any consequences for indulging in his particular brand of cold-blooded murder.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    48098_498264816877691_791874844_n.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    A sicko shooting kids is a tragedy, one so horrible.......it's supposed to be of liberty shedding concern to each and every American (so says the media).

Burning children to death live on TV.........well that's just entertainment.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A sicko shooting kids is a tragedy, one so horrible.......it's supposed to be of liberty shedding concern to each and every American (so says the media).

Burning children to death live on TV.........well that's just entertainment.

It is only a sick, twisted, evil act yielding tragedy if a non-government person or group is (supposedly) responsible. If the .gov does it, they are defending the nation from crazies who threaten us by isolating themselves from us.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone else find it funny that Koresh's video is being held in higher regard than what the .gov was saying at the time?

Koresh was a cult leader. A very charasmatic man, think Hitler and you may be able to grasp his influence on "his" people.

Anything he says, is probably to try to save his own ass. He was a horrible man, and would rather die than to face the consequences of his actions.

Cults are nasty. If Koresh told those people to do something, they would do it because he had a Messiah complex. This issue is more than just "the .gov came in guns blazing". He was hell bent on not being taken alive, and if he could prevent his "followers" from doing so, he would. THAT is why the death toll was so large.

Seriously, read up on cults and the social and psychological conditioning that the people went through. It's horrific, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And the sad thing is that they were suckered into it willingly :(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Anyone else find it funny that Koresh's video is being held in higher regard than what the .gov was saying at the time?

Koresh was a cult leader. A very charasmatic man, think Hitler and you may be able to grasp his influence on "his" people.

Anything he says, is probably to try to save his own ass. He was a horrible man, and would rather die than to face the consequences of his actions.

Cults are nasty. If Koresh told those people to do something, they would do it because he had a Messiah complex. This issue is more than just "the .gov came in guns blazing". He was hell bent on not being taken alive, and if he could prevent his "followers" from doing so, he would. THAT is why the death toll was so large.

Seriously, read up on cults and the social and psychological conditioning that the people went through. It's horrific, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And the sad thing is that they were suckered into it willingly :(

I think you are missing the point. I will grant you that Koresh was nuttier than a bucket of filberts. That isn't illegal. The feds stormed the place and couldn't cough up a warrant for a few days afterwards. That is illegal. You may also take into consideration that the state of Texas had previously visited under warrants presented in the conventional way (i.e., knocking on the door and presenting the warrant) without incident. Further, they did not find any evidence of wrong-doing (again, keeping in mind that strange religious ideas are not illegal). I see no reasonable alternative to believing that the fire was started with the use of gas canisters fired by the feds after the frame building was rammed with the tanks, which will generally jam the doors. At that point, any suicidal tendencies that Koresh may have personally harbored became irrelevant--the occupants could either retreat as far as they could or else jump out windows and make Lon Horiuchi's day (who the FBI later said could not be linked to the shooting of any particular individual by virtue of having had his rifle rebarreled).

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    "I must be God".............a snippet from Koresh's statement of sarcasm.

IIRC he was asked by a British journalist to comment on the allegations he impregnated the 70 something yr old mother of a disgruntled member (or ex member).

He said something to the effect that "if I'm running around knocking up 70 yr old ladies I must be God".

Of course the media didn't show you that full clip did they? And they still use that snippet to this day.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Double T..............one could also say the BATF was a cult.
    Their brainwashed members went on a murderous rampage due to the directions of an
    overpowering and evil leader.

Kill 'em, kill 'em all...........said Janet, or you have to sleep with me!

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I know nothing really about Koresh, other than he and his followers never got a trial, were killed on TV as though it was some form of entertainment, and that information was corrupted by the media to make for a specific view.

And...........the crime scene was bulldozed while still smoldering.

And...........there was no meth lab.

Ever notice how the media usually described anybody our government is after, or kills, as being baby rapists and other? They said that about Hussein and his guys.

Maybe true, maybe not..........no real proof other than they get labelled as such and then killed.

It's getting old listening to that governmental/media record, and even older listening to some people sing along out of tune.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom