Reloads bought at last Crown Point Show. (bad)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Good idea... no to much.
    So, at the last show in Crown Point, I bought some reloads from a vendor.
    They were in nice cases, good prices, looked legit.
    Well ****... 50 rounds of .40 though my M&Pc
    3 failures to fire, 1 failure to eject. I have never had either type of failure in this gun. Ever.
    I also bought 100 rounds of .380. for my Sig P238.
    6th round in the first mag went pop and didn't eject. I cleared it and dropped the mag, my buddy - thank god he was with me said WTF was that? You better check the barrel.
    Years ago he had a this happen with a colt 45, didn't realize and followed it with a live round. As you can imagine, bad things happened.

Sure as cow pie. Bullet lodged in barrel. Round had no powder in it and the primer just forced the round in to the barrel.
    I stripped the gun and went home and cleared the bullet with #3 phillips and an impromptu jig made from some 2x2 stock and a rubber mallet.
    Won't be buying any more reloads.
    :ar15:
    Anyone need 94 rounds of highly sketchy .380?
    End rant.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Very glad you did not try to fire another round with the one lodged in the barrel!

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I had the same exact thing happen. I bought some reloads from a guy at a show that looked legit. He had a booth, loads of stock, other people buying from him etc. I bought 100 rounds of .45 ACP. My glock 30 couldnt even fire them. No joke, 1 in 10 rounds was good, thats it. Most wouldnt even load into the chamber.
    I dont go to many shows so I havent really looked for the guy again. The ammo came in these little red plastic boxes which are pretty nice, because I still use them today to carry ammo in.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, I am definately going do a walk around and see.

If its a certain company from NWI, I wouldn't expect much. Some companies have no idea what customer service is. Even when you give them specific incidents, they will say. "Well, I've never sold my ammo at the CP gun show."
    Or "I don't recall ever selling to Joe from Hobart."

Depending how much ammo you bought, I'd either cut my losses and take my money elsewhere, or of I bought cases of the junk, take it down to the business and get a refund, and wash my hands of it. I'd be willing to give them a chance to make it right, but if they wouldn't work with me, I'd broadcast their name and my experience to everyone I knew. Much like my experience with the Hobart based company Precision Cartridge.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Same story here at the CP show. Nice boxes but not a one would go off. Shot 25 rounds of WW out of my .380 Bodyguard without issue. Switched to the reloads for 10 rounds. Not a one fired. Good primer strikes. Then went to a 50 count box of Herters and they ran without a hitch.

Never again

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Same story here at the CP show. Nice boxes but not a one would go off. Shot 25 rounds of WW out of my .380 Bodyguard without issue. Switched to the reloads for 10 rounds. Not a one fired. Good primer strikes. Then went to a 50 count box of Herters and they ran without a hitch.

Never again

Booth right around the corner on left side from main entrance? (if I remember correctly)

Top Bottom