• ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Ok, Finally Done

Alright...I'm finally able to post my setup. I'm finished with everything for now and recently got everything put away and organized. Hope you guys like it. I've looked on here and the monster thread of reloading rooms over at THR and got many ideas from the pictures. I decided to build the NRMA bench from the plans on the internet. Mostly to spec but no cabinet doors and I added a large drawer underneath the right side and made the entire bench 3" taller as I'm 6'0" tall and wanted to stand up with it. I think it's just right for me.

I use the room for my small computer business so my home server is in there as well and I recently disassembled a laptop and repaired it on the bench and did not feel it was too tall. The rubber on the floor keeps me from building up static electricity on the carpet even in wool slippers and makes for a nice surface. I got the rubber at Rural King...I think it's for horse stalls.

* Bench in progress. You can see the drawer added. I'm no carpenter but the plans were pretty easy and the bench is SOLID! I can easily dance on it and it won't even creak. I don't think I've ever felt anything made from wood this solid.
    rel0.jpg

* Here is everything all set up from the side. I went with
    • Hornady LnL Press
    • Craftsman red vice
    • Thumler's Tumbler for brass cleaning
    • hornady new dimension dies
    • misc branded smaller tools and such
    rel1.jpg

* Mounted a small parts organizer on the left side along with paper towels
    rel2.jpg

* On the right wall of the room I have more flags. All in all I went with a rebellion theme and hung a
    • US Flag
    • Marine Corps Flag
    • Gadsden Flag
    • Gonzales (Come and take it) Flag
    • Culpeper Minute Men Flag
    • Ben Franklin Political Cartoon (Join or Die) Flag
    • First US Navy Jack Flag
    • 1st Confederate (Not Battle) Flag
    rel3.jpg

* Mounted a lockable cabinet to the floor and to the bench (which is also mounted to the floor and the wall) with another small safe on top (which came for free with the larger one, what a deal!). They are rock solid as well. Won't protect from fire, but will keep the hoodlums out. Also more flags in this picture.
    rel4.jpg

* Another shot of the bench with the powder measure door open and the navy jack in the background.
    rel5.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ok i finally cleaned my room out enough to not be ashamed of the pics. its more of a walk in closet than a room. i do my single stage on the forster in the back and my progress on the bench with the 650. or atleast thats the plan i cleaned the room to set up the 650 so its still unused

091.jpg

090.jpg

089.jpg

088.jpg

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    First of all I want to say thanks for all that placed pics up here, I am using them as inspiration for my up and coming man cave...

rel2.jpg

* On the right wall of the room I have more flags. All in all I went with a rebellion theme and hung a
    • US Flag
    • Marine Corps Flag
    • Gadsden Flag
    • Gonzales (Come and take it) Flag
    • Culpeper Minute Men Flag
    • Ben Franklin Political Cartoon (Join or Die) Flag
    • First US Navy Jack Flag
    • 1st Confederate (Not Battle) Flag

Sir, I don't mean this with any disrespect or rudeness. I was under the impression that when displaying the American flag, that the union, (blue field with stars.) should be placed in the top left of the flag as viewed by spectators.

With that said, I am very impressed with the "Flag wall".

Again no disrespect meant.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    First of all I want to say thanks for all that placed pics up here, I am using them as inspiration for my up and coming man cave...

Sir, I don't mean this with any disrespect or rudeness. I was under the impression that when displaying the american flag, that the union (blue field with stars.) should be placed in the top left of the flag as viewed by spectators.

With that said, I am very impressed with the "Flag wall".

Again no disrespect meant.

Hmm. I didn't have room to hang it sideways so I thought turning it to the right would be correct. I tried it the other way and it just looked wrong. Let me do some checking.

Edit: Absolutely right. I'll change it up tonight, and thanks for the notice. Also perhaps...it appears I should put the US flag "on it's own right" and switch it with the "Join or die" flag.

Edit 2: Strange flag-flying note: Crepe streamers may be affixed to spear heads or flagstaffs in a parade only by order of the President of the United States.

For anyone else interested...
    flaget.JPG

Last edited:

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    A tornado must have went thru mine

ok serioius question. everyones reloading room in every pic i see on this site and others is spotless. is my reloading room the only one that looks like a tornado went through it.

im the only one who can find anything up there but i know exactly where everything is.
    Nope! The guys that sent in those pictures must be the Felix Unger's of the world. I guess I belong with the Oscar Madison's (apology's to the Odd Couple) of the world.
    I have a section of the wall in my garage (the side without a window), when I reload during the winter, I have to heat the garage with a propane heater before I set up to reload. Actually, my reloading bench doubles as my work bench. I have my reloading presses, mounted on a pieces of wood that I clamp onto the work bench as needed when I reload. I guess mine probably looks worse than yours. Guess we all can't be neat-niks.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    question

LoadingBench2.jpg

LoadingBench1.jpg

ReloadingSupplies.jpg

I need more room! Bill T.
    Doesn't the bench move or bench top flex when you pull down on the press handles? I have a set up just like yours, that I picked up from Sears years ago, and that's what happened to me until I added a thicker piece of wood on top of the bench, and clamped it on, to reinforce the top. I was thinking of replacing the entire bench top with a thicker piece of wood.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I was thinking of replacing the entire bench top with a thicker piece of wood.

There is a guy in the Trader Paper (his add is in the back section, misc stuff) that sells sections of bowling lane floor, 42" or 48" wide, for $12 per linear foot. that's what I have for a table top, and nothing moves.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    ok i finally cleaned my room out enough to not be ashamed of the pics. its more of a walk in closet than a room. i do my single stage on the forster in the back and my progress on the bench with the 650. or atleast thats the plan i cleaned the room to set up the 650 so its still unused

Vette - Looks great! Just be really, really careful about using federal primers in that XL650. Potentially a very big problem.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Vette - Looks great! Just be really, really careful about using federal primers in that XL650. Potentially a very big problem.

you have my attention. what problems

ok i had to look at my pictures. the federal will only go throught he single stage for 260.

the ccs are for the 650. is that acceptable? why cant you use federal?

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    you have my attention. what problems

ok i had to look at my pictures. the federal will only go throught he single stage for 260.

the ccs are for the 650. is that acceptable? why cant you use federal?

(Repost - what I sent Vette in the PM, just so its available info...)

The short story is that Federal primers have a greater amount of nitroglycerine in the anvil of the primer. As its a higher amount, they are more susceptible to detonation during loading. They are also more susceptible to detonation while being pinched in the action of a progressive reloading press.

When I'm going over types of primers in my 101 classes, I always tell anyone that's looking to use a progressive (with a priming system) that they need to stay away from Federal primers. Not to be overly dramatic, but the shock wave from one detonating primer can cause the primers in your stack feeder to detonate as well. Basically its like putting your head next to a pipe bomb when it goes off. The detonating stack is going to go one of three directions - out the top, through the shell plate at the bottom, or out the sides, blowing out the primer feed tube.

This does happen, there are threads about it on INGO. So, I'd vote against using the Federal primers in your XL650.

Just my :twocents:.

Andrew

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    There is a guy in the Trader Paper (his add is in the back section, misc stuff) that sells sections of bowling lane floor, 42" or 48" wide, for $12 per linear foot. that's what I have for a table top, and nothing moves.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for that, in my area.

Top Bottom