• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Some nice setups, here is mine. it's a mess for the photo, but that is how it is most of the time anyway
    picture.php

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    how is it you guys keep your area so organized? i reload in a closet and i bet i couldn't ask anyone to go get me anything and expect them to find it. the up side is i know exactly where everything is. somday i may organize mine and see how much extra time i spend looking for stuff. how would i find my brass if i didn't trip over it twice a day:D

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    OK, I"m still working on getting everything organized, but it's starting to look pretty good. the gunsmithing bench still needs work, and I"m not positive where everything will go for max efficiency. i moved into a bigger room after building a wall, redoing lots of drywall and laying down the floor. Still need to hang the door. I've got two, new big shelving units that i didn't have before, so the reloaing bench is near empty for now. I'm trying ot keep this place as organized as possible so I was as little time as I can looking for stuff and so that it's clean enough that my young son can come in and play while I reload ammo or work on guns...

Gunsmithing area:
    picture.php

Reloading bench:

picture.php

picture.php

Magazines, powder and primers:
    picture.php

Brass, bullets, dies and other stuff...
    picture.php

And the fun boxes!
    picture.php

Doug K

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Had to jump in with mine. Just getting it finished. The table in the middle is now covered in stainless to match the others. (Hay, when your in the sheet metal industry....) Now time to start sorting the buckets of brass.
    IMGP1679.jpg

IMGP1680.jpg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    It's my man cave in the basement. Got tired of junk and mess so I went to work on this. Got tired of loading bench that wiggled. This one is framed of 2" X 1/4" wall square tube, full welded and bolted to the block wall behind. That should stay put.

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    some really nice setups. !! .. when I started out I didnt have a lot of cash so I built a workbench out of some 1X6's and found a 6ft counter top at menards that was a return. ( I think I paid 20 bucks for it) it may not look all that pretty but it has held up great...
    oh and +1 for rubbermaid containers.. got to love them !!!

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Here is a picture of my latest bench. Found this bench at an auction. The local high schools no longer have shop classes and have been selling off all the equipment at auctions. Paid $30.00 for the bench. Top of this bench is 76 inches long and 1 3/4 inches thick solid maple. Plenty of room for both me and my son to sit down and work together. At the same auction bought a black leather office chair that was in good shape for $20.00. Very comfortable for long reloading sessions. Built the cabinets overhead with 3/4 inch hdf board.

KarlandHeather008.jpg

Karl.jpg

Last edited:

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Very nice set-up full-auto.I have been looking itno a Dillon progressive press. Don't think I need to ask whether you like yours or not. But I do have to ask what are those cartriges on the shelf to the left? Are they 50s?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm a huge fan of Dillon presses and reloading equipment. They've treated me amazingly well over the last 20 years or so since I got my first press from them (which is in the picture). Their customer service is second to none and the performance of the presses is outstanding.

With that being said, the Hornady Lock-n-Load AP press is a very good option as well. If I were starting new today I would give serious consideration to that press. Ultimately, I would still be with Dillon, but the LnL AP is pretty darn nice.

The rounds to the left are "flying trash cans", .45 ACP's. They look fatter and stumpier because of the wide angle lens I used to get my whole reloading room in frame. :)

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    My Set-Up

My contribution to this thread. I re-load 9mm and will soon be testing my first 223 rounds through my AR this spring.

Modest compared to some here, but it does it's job.

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Still messy, but getting there. Need a strong mount to move the Dillon to the bench, but I'll get there.

picture44i.jpg

Kids wanted to see the tumbler in action, so I put them to work.

picture43j.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My digs are pretty spartan.
    I use this bench (which lives in the garage) and bolt a surface to the top:

bench.jpg

I drag it into my kitchen to set it up:

setup2.jpg

My stuff gets stored in this wooden chest in my kitchen;

outside.jpg

Some day, I plan on having a dedicated area for it all,
    but right now I'm just starting out. And it works. :)

Top Bottom