• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is an ideal example of the distinct line between what's interpreted as "reasonable" with respect to what the law is around religious accomodations. Personally, I think this is an unreasonable belief. But if I were the person deciding whether to grant the accommodation, my own belief doesn't matter. The "reasonable" test doesn't mean that employers get to judge someone's religious beliefs as "unreasonable". If that were the case Jetta, in a position of such power, could always deny any religious request for accommodation if it wasn't what he believes.

It's not up to an employer to judge a religious belief. They can judge whether the belief is religious in nature, is sincerely held, and that the requested accommodation is reasonable. So yes, if you sincerely believe that getting the vaccine is the mark of the beast, I think a religious accommodation should be granted for that.
    The majority I talk to believe it's a push towards the mark not that it is the mark, because there is obviously no mark.
    Some however believe it is the mark completely. Not many I have talked to but a few.

I'm sure there are many others around the United States that feel similar to that as well.

I believe the Navy Seals that filed religion exemption filed based on the body is the temple of God and they must choose what is allowed to enter the body/temple and they feel the covid vaccines are not good for the body/temple.

Like you said you may not agree with anyone's religion or their personal religous beliefs, but must respect others beliefs. Unless of course it involves taking human life....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The majority I talk to believe it's a push towards the mark not that it is the mark, because there is obviously no mark.
    Some however believe it is the mark completely. Not many I have talked to but a few.

I'm sure there are many others around the United States that feel similar to that as well.

I believe the Navy Seals that filed religion exemption filed based on the body is the temple of God and they must choose what is allowed to enter the body/temple and they feel the covid vaccines are not good for the body/temple.

Like you said you may not agree with anyone's religion or their personal religous beliefs, but must respect others beliefs. Unless of course it involves taking human life....

Of course in the case of taking human life, that's an accommodation that is unreasonable.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Many Christians believe the jab to be a part of the Mark of the beast found in the book of Revelation. They feel it is a conditioning that will lead to it. Such as if you don't have the jab you can't work, or go certain places as of right now it's true.
    I personally can see their concerns because it is very similar to what the last days is supposed to be like. Cannot buy, sale, or trade without the mark. I know a few that believe it is the mark of the beast.

Need a powerful religious Exemption that should work great.
    Serious question.

If Christians believe that prophecies are truth based upon God inspiring the writers to write the prophecies...what exactly do they think they can do to keep the prophecy from being fulfilled and what do they base that upon?

It's one thing to say: "this is mark and I'm not going to take it." It's quite another thing to say: "we need to keep the mark from being a thing in the future."

Personally, I believe that whatever the mark is, people will know it is a rejection of God. It won't be stealth in that regard.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This reminds me of Tyson's saying, that everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face. People have theoretical positions until life smacks the **** out of them. I'm sure you've changed your mind on things.
    I usually echo Tyson's saying when at beer festivals.
    The immediacy of his turnaround isn't a cause for disbelieving him because of that. What signals that his viewpoints may not be trustworthy is just the single datapoint that he's tacitly admitting that he was wrong. Unless, of course he's grifting for some kind of personal gain. Not enough information is present here to know that beyond speculation. But changing a position in itself isn't a strong indicator that the person is untrustworthy. A history of untrustworthiness is required for that.
    Fauci, politicians, celebrities - I expect them all to flip around in social winds. I don't expect a pastor who should be sticking to an immutable source of morality to be sticking up his finger to see where his tribe wants to go.

Yes, I expect people to embrace new information and change their their stance. That's good thing. And that's also why taking a hard black and white stance isn't a good thing - it often prevents you from accepting new information.

in Wilson's case, it's clear that his change isn't based on theology but social politics. And haven't I heard over and over again that politics shouldn't be involved in this?

And I question when a pastor is doing more politicking than pastoring; I can do that - it's my tribe.

The guy was sure he was right. Then he was sure that was wrong, but now he's right? What makes you sure that he's right today, and won't change with a new president?

And as others have said, why is this INGO-worthy? What are you trying to say? You keep saying that you're against mandates but then you say things that really make people wonder if that's true.
    Wait, come'on, are you really trying to erect a gate for things being INGO worthy? And who else are you gatekeeping? The thought of that alone is laughable. Go read the title of this thread.

I don't agree with mandates. Not at all. But as a Christian I have the imperative to follow the law, most certainly not forge papers and lie.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many Christians believe the jab to be a part of the Mark of the beast found in the book of Revelation. They feel it is a conditioning that will lead to it. Such as if you don't have the jab you can't work, or go certain places as of right now it's true.
    I personally can see their concerns because it is very similar to what the last days is supposed to be like. Cannot buy, sale, or trade without the mark. I know a few that believe it is the mark of the beast.
    can't work, or buy certain things, limited healthcare options, restricted travel... sounds like a social security number to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Personally, I believe that whatever the mark is, people will know it is a rejection of God. It won't be stealth in that regard.
    THIS!

Christians aren't going to get tricked my a good faith action or forced into it.
    I think it's going to be plainly obvious and not tied to a blood moon rising.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    can't work, or buy certain things, limited healthcare options, restricted travel... sounds like a social security number to me.
    I talked to some older members of the church they said some felt when the SS numbers first came out it was the mark. Now I guess they don't believe it is. Yet again it could be a precursor such as some believe the covid jabs are a precursor to the mark.

I have talked to many Christians who feel strongly that the covid jabs are getting us use to big government control of our lives and preparing the people for the mark.
    They can't work, buy, sale, trade, get medical care etc. Oh wait some people were pushing that idea for the unvaccinated people already.

I can see their concerns and why they believe it is a precursor to the mark. I also know Christians in the same church that have been vaccinated. There is no unfriendlyness among them for or against taking the vaccine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Serious question.

If Christians believe that prophecies are truth based upon God inspiring the writers to write the prophecies...what exactly do they think they can do to keep the prophecy from being fulfilled and what do they base that upon?

It's one thing to say: "this is mark and I'm not going to take it." It's quite another thing to say: "we need to keep the mark from being a thing in the future."

Who said they are trying to stop it? The last days prophecy should inspire Christians because it means a coming to an end of evil on earth. Christians are supposed to pray for Gods will to be done.

The bible says to watch and be aware of the times. The bible says that many will be deceived in the last days and, they will take the mark.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who said they are trying to stop it? The last days prophecy should inspire Christians because it means a coming to an end of evil on earth. Christians are supposed to pray for Gods will to be done.

The bible says to watch and be aware of the times. The bible says that many will be deceived in the last days and, they will take the mark.
    This is where eschatology of the 20th has failed us. Christians can get caught up in looking for signs and being paranoid about marks that they completely lose sight of the Gospel.

This is a perfect example of this. I'd argue that the Gospel should have us looking at this situation, "how can I help my neighbor" instead of "how can I avoid the mark".

And if I really want to be controversial, "how can I stand up for my rights" isn't completely in line with the Gospel either. (But that probably belongs in the other thread.)

It's complete possible to be against the mandates, and expressing that outrage, but still doing it within the bounds of the fruits of the Holy Spirit - love is patient, love is kind... Yes, it protects, but from what and how? Biden isn't going take away my salvation, and he's not going to take away my witness, but I can destroy it myself in the way I handle this situation. My argument is that a fake vaccine card destroys that witness.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Just a update on this thread is my wife religious exemption at her hospital went through and she won't be faced with being fired. As for the mark of the beast on the hand or forehead, that can be debated forever. My wife and I never saw that, though I would see where some see it conditioning for what is to come. There are so many teachings and beliefs on the end times and how everything falls into place.....I could show you the rapture comes before all this and the ones left our Gods elects Jews, the 144,000 that are only left and won't take the mark of the beast, or that its only based in the Middle East region controlled by the anti-christ and not the entire world. I could show you the rapture coming before the tribulation, or show you how it comes half way through, or even show you it comes at the end.....Note I'm only saying what I could show you by the scriptures......not going to tell what I believe except that the Bible is like a puzzle...you have to apply all the pieces of the puzzle if you want the whole picture. Some are content with a few pieces of a puzzle without a box and conclude the picture is a bunch of puppies in the grass.....when its actually a cat looking out a window. The entire mandates and people trying to profit off them and turn them into law for control is disturbing to me, not the different ways people choose to believe, and they don't need to be judged by those who don't even believe in a Judge.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The "body is a temple"... Does anyone know what that really means? In my fundamentalist Baptist school it meant no tattoos and no alcohol. Vegans tell you it means no meat. Bodybuilders tell me my temple is weak and flabby. (They're right)

Curiously, the claims almost always line up with what someone is already convinced of.

I guess if I want to follow this line of reasoning, I can say, "the body is a temple and I want to keep COVID from closing it's doors."

who's right? :dunno:

Question: what's more important, the quality of the temple or what it is used for?

My body is also described in scripture as a tent that will be abandoned some day.

If a kid is trapped in a burning building an I really going to stop - "Can't. This temple might get burnt."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is far more in the Bible than this, the left’s favorite tactic to try to tell believers what to believe…
    By quoting Jesus?

How dare Christians be held to that standard.

Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

We can debate about what this means, certainly, but let's not pretend that setting aside one's own rights for others is absent from the Bible. What that means to each person? As long as it does not conflict with the Bible explicitly or implicitly, that's up to each individual.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The "body is a temple"... Does anyone know what that really means? In my fundamentalist Baptist school it meant no tattoos and no alcohol. Vegans tell you it means no meat. Bodybuilders tell me my temple is weak and flabby. (They're right)

Curiously, the claims almost always line up with what someone is already convinced of.

I guess if I want to follow this line of reasoning, I can say, "the body is a temple and I want to keep COVID from closing it's doors."

who's right? :dunno:

Question: what's more important, the quality of the temple or what it is used for?

My body is also described in scripture as a tent that will be abandoned some day.

If a kid is trapped in a burning building an I really going to stop - "Can't. This temple might get burnt."
    You'll have to ask those Seals on their beliefs. It isn't our place to question their beliefs.

I'm sure they have ran into a lot of fire doing their job. Now they are under fire for their beliefs and could face a dishonorable discharge over the jabs.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    By quoting Jesus?

How dare Christians be held to that standard.

Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

We can debate about what this means, certainly, but let's not pretend that setting aside one's own rights for others is absent from the Bible. What that means to each person? As long as it does not conflict with the Bible explicitly or implicitly, that's up to each individual.
    I merely said it is the lefts (should have said satans) favorite tactic to throw at Christians. That the biblical admonitions to love others (usually defined as whom the left wants to force christians to love) just supersedes all others.

Who gets to define “neighbor“?

Top Bottom