• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    My family members are ok with guns for the most part. They don't see a need to carry all the time but believe everyone should have a gun. My aunt has been an ER nurse for decades and saw a lot of firearm injuries and death and thought guns were too dangerous for anyone who had kids in the house antil a junkie broke into her house late one night looking for meds. He searched her house but didn't see her laying still in her bed in the dark. After he got in through her kitchen window he grabbed a kitchen knife. The perp took stole her car and some meds of her mentally disabled child and left. They later found her car and he was given 2 years in prison. She told me she never wants to be that vulnerable again and now owns and revolver. My cousin doesn't believe in guns and is anti as you can get but he also lives in a dream world and have been cuddled all his life and spoiled to the max. He runs his supposedly enlightened mouth when Im not around but falls totally silent when I show up. Ive seen most anti gunners are stars in their own small little show that nobody watches. I love him and hope he never needs a gun. Honestly feel sorry for him since hes got a lot of issues with low self esteem which is likely why he has such an activist mentality.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My family members are ok with guns for the most part. They don't see a need to carry all the time but believe everyone should have a gun. My aunt has been an ER nurse for decades and saw a lot of firearm injuries and death and thought guns were too dangerous for anyone who had kids in the house antil a junkie broke into her house late one night looking for meds. He searched her house but didn't see her laying still in her bed in the dark. After he got in through her kitchen window he grabbed a kitchen knife. The perp took stole her car and some meds of her mentally disabled child and left. They later found her car and he was given 2 years in prison. She told me she never wants to be that vulnerable again and now owns and revolver. My cousin doesn't believe in guns and is anti as you can get but he also lives in a dream world and have been cuddled all his life and spoiled to the max. He runs his supposedly enlightened mouth when Im not around but falls totally silent when I show up. Ive seen most anti gunners are stars in their own small little show that nobody watches. I love him and hope he never needs a gun. Honestly feel sorry for him since hes got a lot of issues with low self esteem which is likely why he has such an activist mentality.

If I had a nickel for everyone that "didn't see a need" until something happened.
    That's the problem. If they had their way, they couldn't change their mind.
    They don't like guns, fine. Don't get a gun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My inlaws arent anti gun, they just arent comfortable. I carry one of these in my Maxpedition jumbo next to my iPad. When we get to their neighborhood, I transfer from my holster to this and secure it in my bag and they key goes in my pocket.

MSE Worldwide, LLC - Life Jacket Locking Firearm Safety Cases

I'd carry a smaller traditional trigger lock, but I dont want to unload, and I dont feel comfy sticking ANYTHING through the trigger guard of a loaded Glock.

But, but, Glocks have three safeties! :hehe: Sorry, hadda be said.

In all seriousness, what about removing the one in the pipe and locking it up with an empty chamber and a full mag?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But, but, Glocks have three safeties! :hehe: Sorry, hadda be said.

In all seriousness, what about removing the one in the pipe and locking it up with an empty chamber and a full mag?

I also considered that. I go there often enough I'm concerned about bullet setback from the repeated chambering.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Rotate your rounds.Every couple chamberings,I pull the top three out and switch them with the next three.I do three because I've noticed small dents on the top round in the mag when I put it in after putting one in the pipe.

My solution is easier.

Or, go to the range more often! :ar15:

While it's tempting, I've already spaced it a couple times and sent expensive JHPs down range before I realized I wants to swap out my target loads. :n00b:

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    For a website full of people adamant about their rights you all are quick to dismiss the right of a homeowner to ban guns on their property. Saying to OC to condition her is a ridiculous notion and incredibly disrespectful. :rolleyes:

^THIS. My mother asked that I not carry in the house when she was watching kids a few years ago, and I was cool with that because it involved other people's kids, and I definitely did not want to cause that kind of stir. Now that she's not watching any kids (other than mine on occasion, and one other pair that I know the parent's are pro gun), it's no big deal. It's never been brought up with the mother in law, because I've never carried there, and if she asked not to I'd oblige. I get along with them too well otherwise to mess that up. Both sides know when they come here that there are guns in the house, but everything is secured as it always is. They abide by me, and I abide by them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For a website full of people adamant about their rights you all are quick to dismiss the right of a homeowner to ban guns on their property. Saying to OC to condition her is a ridiculous notion and incredibly disrespectful. :rolleyes:

Absolutely correct!
    That in-your-face attempt at "conditioning" will just seal the deal on those who think that gun owners may not have all their marbles. Those people talk too, they talk to the fence sitters, fence sitters that vote.

My gun isn't my only tool. If the threat level is so high that I don't think I can fight my way back to my gun in the car, I'll just make a polite excuse and not go.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Sorry, but I'm not. There are two individuals that live in the home, my brother and SIL. My brother wants me to carry in his home, my SIL does not. I abide by my brother's wishes against his wife's wishes, and hope that she will see that guns don't magically kill people.

For all of you who think this conditioning will not work, you are very wrong. She recently "allowed" my brother to buy a firearm to keep in the home for protection. If you are trying to argue that me open carrying and talking to her about it did not change her opinion on the matter, then I would consider you out of touch with reality.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For all of you who think this conditioning will not work, you are very wrong. She recently "allowed" my brother to buy a firearm to keep in the home for protection. If you are trying to argue that me open carrying and talking to her about it did not change her opinion on the matter, then I would consider you out of touch with reality.

Nah, she's just taking you and your bro's eye off the ball while she shops for her next husband.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Well that explains a lot. ;)

When are you going to start training her on self defense and carry, since you seem to have "conditioned" her?

Next step is convincing her to go to the range, which I believe my better half will be able to influence her to do. I have to convince mine that carrying is necessary first before I start working on others' carry habits!

I don't pretend that my OCing will convince others that they need to carry, but I do believe it proves the point that firearms don't hop out of holsters on their own and go on killing sprees.

Top Bottom