• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Is there a difference in the "Pre-Ban" M1A versus the currently-available model? If not, I'd say go for the Shotgun, and pick up a new M1A when/if the desire/cash returns.

Just my $.02.

-Paul

Pre- ban means it was made before 1989. After that is when slick willy instituted the assault weapons ban and outlawed bayonet lugs on weapons. Along with other things. If you notice you will not see a bayonet lug on a current manufactured M1A to this day.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Keep the M1A. They make Red Labels every day. Get another shotgun for the clays. If you get into the clays, upgrade to your heart's desire.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I would say keep the M1A. But, thats just me, and I am more a rifle guy then a shotgunner. What about maybe trying to put the money to the side?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Notice that everyone posting in favor of selling the M1A are also asking how much you want for it. (I'm not the only smart ass.)

That should tell you something. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Notice that everyone posting in favor of selling the M1A are also asking how much you want for it. (I'm not the only smart ass.)

That should tell you something. :D

Agree, he should totally sell it to me. Id be happy to have one. I have been thinking one for quite sometime.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Of course you'll regret it...soon as you get over the "oooh pretty" effect of the red label. I personally can't see selling an M1A for any Ruger, let alone a gun I'd be afraid to scratch up in the field.

Top Bottom