• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I agree with everyone else, keep the M1A. I have dumped almost all my collector firearms for ones that I can use and shoot without worrying about anything happening to them to decrease there value.

Dave

jevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I love shooting a 20 gauge Red Label but I think you would regret selling your M1A for it. As someone else said, Red Labels are pretty easy to find!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Okay...I would like fellow INGO members input. I have a chance at a NIB engraved Ruger Red label over & under 20ga shotgun that is beautiful all the way around. However to afford it I would have to sell my SA pre-ban M1A. So I guess my question is. Do you all think I would eventually regret this move? Need honest opinions. What would you do?Thanks.:dunno:

Well... I just came back from the range at Winamac and I shot the above mentioned SA M1A for the first time in awhile. I would like to say "Thank You" to all of those who talked me out of trading it for a Ruger Red label. After shooting it I firmly believe I would regret trading/selling it. It is one awesome rifle. Thanks again folks for the input. :D

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    if you want a shotgun for clay target shooting the red label is a bad chioce. they r light and designed for hunting(maybe a box a day) not traget shooting(100-300 a day). 100 rds of sporting clays loads or handi cap trap loads and you shoulder will hurt. you can find used browning citoi XS or XT for about $1000-$1300 much better guns for clay shooting. if you never shoot the m1a sell and buy a shotgun.

they dont make the red label any more. they r good guns but not great guns.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    if you want a shotgun for clay target shooting the red label is a bad chioce. they r light and designed for hunting(maybe a box a day) not traget shooting(100-300 a day). 100 rds of sporting clays loads or handi cap trap loads and you shoulder will hurt. you can find used browning citoi XS or XT for about $1000-$1300 much better guns for clay shooting. if you never shoot the m1a sell and buy a shotgun.

they dont make the red label any more. they r good guns but not great guns.

Thanks for the input. I do have a Remington 20ga 1187 premier that I currently shoot clay targets with. Works great and light recoil. Thanks again.
    :)

Top Bottom