• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One vote on the Supreme Court from being wrong.

Take them all away may be an exaggeration, but what is going on in California and New York becoming national doesn't seem all that far fetched.

Supreme Court nominees outweigh all other concerns of mine as of this moment. Maybe something will change between now and November.

As I've said before, republicans are lucky to bat .500 on SCOTUS picks anyway. So, meh.

I'm supporting the best conservative down ticket folks I can. The republicans will likely fight Hillary and Bernie with more zeal than they would against the Artful Dealmaker anyway. I think the best option is to try to retain the senate and the house and try again with real constitutional minded folks in 2020.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Heaven save us from people who get offended.

Interesting the motives people assign. There is no "good" and there is no "evil" in this election. There are two terrible candidates. If you want to vote between Stalin and Mussolini and pretend you're doing something by voting against the other guy, go right ahead. "Hey, I voted against Stalin! Don't blame me." I won't vote for either. Period. I will not vote for someone playing racial politics, stroking the anti-Muslim flames, and campaigning via reality tv who's position is whichever plays the best in the media. How do you honestly evaluate the positions of someone who flip flops so dramatically? I will not vote for a cog in the Clinton machine, let alone one of the main gears. Yes, I'm offended. I am offended that both candidates represent more spending, more money for the top, less freedom, and giant ego vs honest desire to serve. How are you *not* offended?

My preferred guy didn't even run. Cruz was about as far as I was willing to go and still pull the "R" for President lever.

So you can throw around traitor and all the other BS you like. I know what I've done for this country and for my community and I know it's a lot more than Trump or Clinton have. If a 3rd party wants my vote, it's up for grabs in the presidential race.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So be it. Like I said above, cast all the aspersions you deem necessary. I'm fine with my decision. The American people get the government they deserve.

It's interesting from a libertarian standpoint to see these tables turned, with Republicans willing to see the Democrat win the White House rather than the party they feel stabbed them in the back.

This is how I've felt for 20 years now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As I've said before, republicans are lucky to bat .500 on SCOTUS picks anyway. So, meh.

I'm supporting the best conservative down ticket folks I can. The republicans will likely fight Hillary and Bernie with more zeal than they would against the Artful Dealmaker anyway. I think the best option is to try to retain the senate and the house and try again with real constitutional minded folks in 2020.

Concur.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's interesting from a libertarian standpoint to see these tables turned, with Republicans willing to see the Democrat win the White House rather than the party they feel stabbed them in the back.

This is how I've felt for 20 years now.

I'm not willing see a democrat in the White House per se. I believe no matter who wins, there will be a democrat in the White House this year, most of all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. It's the down ticket votes that must be shored up now. At least if we can send reasonable facsimiles of conservatives to Washington and keep democrats out of Indianapolis, we can withstand 4 years or either Trump or Hillary.

if your plan is to just not vote for the prez, please do the following:

Vote to keep the other branches in Republican hands.
    Vote Libertarian for prez, if for no other reason than to help them maintain ballot access. (if any party fails to get at least 3% they drop off the ticket) If you dont like them this year, you may want them down the road.

Much truth here.
    So many do not realize that "Bill" set the housing crash in motion.

Absolutely. He felt it was racist and unfair that somebody wasnt able to buy more house than they could afford, regardless of what common sense said. So he made it harder for banks to deny folks that they KNEW would end up defaulting, and sure enough, they did.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    if your plan is to just not vote for the prez, please do the following:

Vote Libertarian for prez, if for no other reason than to help them maintain ballot access. (if any party fails to get at least 3% they drop off the ticket) If you dont like them this year, you may want them down the road.

See my thoughts on down ticket races earlier or elsewhere.

I'll not vote for Gary Johnson. He's another pitiful progressive. No thanks. If the LP must insist on nominating people such as this, they're on their own, as far as I'm concerned.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

That's pretty much my plan as of now, likely with a write in for Pres, though.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And the same could be said for people like you who voted for a person a large chunk of the voters cannot in good conscious vote for in the general.

If you delivered Trump's policies from the mouth of any other candidate, conservatives like you would worship that person. So no, I did vote for a candidate who will support conservative views, you just have a paranoid delusion.

Interesting the motives people assign. There is no "good" and there is no "evil" in this election. There are two terrible candidates. If you want to vote between Stalin and Mussolini and pretend you're doing something by voting against the other guy, go right ahead. "Hey, I voted against Stalin! Don't blame me." I won't vote for either. Period. I will not vote for someone playing racial politics, stroking the anti-Muslim flames, and campaigning via reality tv who's position is whichever plays the best in the media. How do you honestly evaluate the positions of someone who flip flops so dramatically? I will not vote for a cog in the Clinton machine, let alone one of the main gears. Yes, I'm offended. I am offended that both candidates represent more spending, more money for the top, less freedom, and giant ego vs honest desire to serve. How are you *not* offended?
    My preferred guy didn't even run. Cruz was about as far as I was willing to go and still pull the "R" for President lever.

So you can throw around traitor and all the other BS you like. I know what I've done for this country and for my community and I know it's a lot more than Trump or Clinton have. If a 3rd party wants my vote, it's up for grabs in the presidential race.

I'm sorry you didn't get a purely idealist saint as an option on the ballot.

Welcome to the US of A. There's a reason libertarians can never make headway in an election, and it's because of demands for absolute purity like that.

Cruz had a chance and he decided to get dirty because he fell behind in the polls, instead of pushing a positive campaign forward, he decided to pick a fight with the one man you can't win a fight against.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If you delivered Trump's policies from the mouth of any other candidate, conservatives like you would worship that person. So no, I did vote for a candidate who will support conservative views, you just have a paranoid delusion.

Cruz had a chance and he decided to get dirty because he fell behind in the polls, instead of pushing a positive campaign forward, he decided to pick a fight with the one man you can't win a fight against.

Which one of the several different positions he's taken on any "policy" are you referring to? And no paranoid delusions here. The only delusions I see is that Trump will stick to one of his positions. And that position would be a conservative one. The only thing consistent about the man is his hair style.

Cruz decided to get dirty? I misspoke above, add another delusion to the list.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Which one of the several different positions he's taken on any "policy" are you referring to? And no paranoid delusions here. The only delusions I see is that Trump will stick to one of his positions. And that position would be a conservative one. The only thing consistent about the man is his hair style.

Cruz decided to get dirty? I misspoke above, add another delusion to the list.

Once again, another logical fallacy in debate. You must demonstrate that he has no intentions of sticking to his conservative transformation, as he has consistently moved further to the right in his lifetime.

As for Cruz. Yes, he did start the mud flinging with Trump by insulting all New Yorkers, citing New York values.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    At this point not voting for Trump means you are okay with a Hillary presidency. This wouldn't be the case if we had an electoral system that was more friendly to 3rd parties, but that is the case.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    At this point not voting for Trump means you are okay with a Hillary presidency. This wouldn't be the case if we had an electoral system that was more friendly to 3rd parties, but that is the case.

Iguana****... Not voting for either one means that you think they both suck. And you are not willing to have votes for either one on your conscience. I stand with BBI on this one.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Once again, another logical fallacy in debate. You must demonstrate that he has no intentions of sticking to his conservative transformation, as he has consistently moved further to the right in his lifetime.

As for Cruz. Yes, he did start the mud flinging with Trump by insulting all New Yorkers, citing New York values.

No logical fallacies. He needs to demonstrate that he has the intentions of sticking to his "conservative transformation". He has consistently moved to the right? How is that? He was originally a Dem, then went Repub, then Reform, then back to Dem, then Independence, then back again to Repub. So left, right, center, left, center? maybe, right. Doesn't seem to consistent to me.

Nope. Just means that they are not okay with a Trump presidency.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No logical fallacies. He needs to demonstrate that he has the intentions of sticking to his "conservative transformation". He has consistently moved to the right? How is that? He was originally a Dem, then went Repub, then Reform, then back to Dem, then Independence, then back again to Repub. So left, right, center, left, center? maybe, right. Doesn't seem to consistent to me.

Could it just possibly be that no party is a direct fit for his political ideology, so he's bounced about trying to find the best compromise that actually has a path to victory?

We all know his number 1 concern is economic.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't look forward to all the vote for Trump or your anti-american, any thing else is a vote for Hillary, etc., etc., etc.. And cite please that Trump will be better.

I will try to link to 2019 and/or the alternate universe where Hitlery won the election later. Right now dialog box says system resources not adequate for the desired task :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom