Red Jacket - Your thoughts before the TV Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Will & Steph have been long time friends.. I miss them.
    LOVE all my oldschool red stick firearms. I have not handled many "RJF" firearms.
    I no longer work with RJF since they hired a marketing firm..(I think that whole thing could have been handled better.. life goes on)
    Not much time to watch ANY TV...

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I had never heard of them before the show. When I first started watching the show I really liked it but now it seems like its more of a drama series than a gun show!

Last edited:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Had never heard of them before the show ... but I'm not into AK's, so that's not much of a surprise. While I agree with all the comments that the show is painful, I also chuckle at all the folks that seem willing to believe it bears any relation to reality. It's always to good to take the "reality" in "reality TV show" with a grain of salt...

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The Ak's I have seen from them are 5 ft guns ......From 5 ft away they a AWSOME looking ...Close up , they do a good job at turd polishing :D:ingo:

But hey its an AK not supposed to be pretty .:patriot:

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wanna know why Will in the opener of one show says don't try this at home or me and my friends will come for you and then holds up a badge was he stating he is some kind of LEO?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    All The RJF gun's i've seen were really nice. I don't know if things have changed since the show but they made some kick butt stuff initially.

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had never heard of them before the show. I watched the first season and enjoyed it. After a couple of episodes (season 1) I did some research and found that they had a pretty solid reputation for building quality products.

I stopped watching when they obviously started to script the show (Season 2).

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I had never heard of them before the show. I do know that in general they had a good reputation. That much I know because of all the negative comments I read now that referenced them in other forums . So I went to the other forums that were mentioned post show.

Bottom line they seemed to be highly regarded prior to the show. Now they look like fools. Viewers of the show that know even just a little about guns know that the "game changers" that Red Jackets claims are mostly just hot air on the part of the owner who appears on the show to be a buffoon.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wanna know why Will in the opener of one show says don't try this at home or me and my friends will come for you and then holds up a badge was he stating he is some kind of LEO?

Maybe he's a deputy sheriff or something or that's just a mall cop badge.
    I was wondering the same. :dunno:

Top Bottom