• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can't speak directly to the cleanliness of these kits as I don't personally own one. If you use good ammo, however, I don't see how these would be any more dirty than a standard .22 LR pistol.

It appears there are several kits available including those made by Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions Gear & Ciener. The brief reviews I dug up recommend using CCI MiniMags. Several guys over at another forum recommend the AA kit. Someone actually has an entire webpage devoted to bashing the Ciener kit (actually the company as a whole).

Advantage Arms has a recommended ammo list:

Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Glock Recommended Ammo

I've been using the Remington Golden Bullets and have had no issues... most 22LR ammo is dirty, but I have had no issues with malfunctions. The copper washed bullets don't foul the bore as bad as regular lead.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I was in the exact same market for the past few weeks. I ended up buying a Mark III at the 1500. I looked at feel, price, and history. It was between the Buckmark, Walther P22, Mark III, or 22/45. Found a great price on the Mark III and since I have some experience with one of these, it came home with me.

Good luck on the search. I think that was half the fun, looking at all of them!

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    What!?? All these posts for a good 22, and not one mention of the S&W K-22 Masterpiece (Model 17 or 617). I've seen several recently at reasonable prices used, and you can't wear them out, unless overcleaning from the muzzle damages rifling. Even then they can be reground. I think mine is around 40 years since I got it used, and despite digesting bricks of 22LR, looks like a new one. Wonderful practice for any larger S&W revolver. Just wipe it down from time to time.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I have the AA conversion for my Gen 2 G19 and I love it. Shot it today in fact. I have over 2000 rounds through mine and it keeps getting better. I had a few FTE in the first 500 rounds but it seems to have settled in. I use Remington Golden Bullets bulk pack and have an occasional dud but I am generally pleased with them. No problems with CCI mini-mags but I am too cheap to shoot a lot of them. Keep the kit clean and well lubed and enjoy cheap Glock time.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I have a room full of 22 caliber firearms and love them all. I recently bought 3 new ones. A SIG 1911-22LR -OD, Colt 1911-22LR, Browning 1911-A1-22LR. My wife took the Browning and want give it back. She gave me her P22 Walther to sell. She loves the Browning. I like the SIG 1911. So much so that I also bought the Colt 1911-22 made by Walther. I just got new Colt grips and it will look awesome once they're installed. I also have a new Ruger SP101 in 22 LR, Colt 22 LR/M Peacemaker with 5 1/2" barrel. And several more. Great time to buy 22 caliber firearms.

Top Bottom