• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Get a browning buckmark and you'll see that there's not much comparison to anything else on the market.

I've had mine for 3 years now, countless rounds, and never a single mis-feed. I have had a few duds, and a few soft loads that the slide closed on before they ejected clear, but just giving the gun a soft shake was enough to keep shooting.

With decent ammo, it has never had a malfunction, at this point I'd consider it reliable enough for self defense.

It'll also consistent wack 2" steel plates at 100 yards. I made a decent amount of money off bets that way before. It's really ashame that they jacked the prices on them. I got mine for $289 and they seem to be going for $399-450+ now days.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    My wife's Beretta Neos is quite a nice .22LR. 6" barrel and a rail on top for a red-dot or anything else I feel like in the future. We've gone through two 500rnd boxes of bulk Federal with only a hand full of FTEs. It's also incredibly easy to tear down and clean. Gander Mountain or Cabela's usually had them in stock, I think we paid $250 at Bass Pro before New Years.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Check out an Advantage Arms kit for your Glock. Not cheap, but good for training with your Glock for cheap.

I have one for my Glock 27 and just picked up 5 extra mags for it so I don't have to reload the mags so often during a range session.

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    If looks are important. Checkout a S&W M&P .22 it will also have a very similar trigger to what your Glock has. But my vote still goes to the Ruger MKIII:)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm new to guns... Will be getting my first, Glock 17, next week or the week after. I also wanna get a 22LR gun for practice on the cheap. I read good things about Ruger MKIII and Browning Buckmark, but these guns look huge. I would want something that looks and feels like a regular handgun. Would appreciate any recommendations.

I will 2nd the SR22.....with one reservation, it's a new gun so it's durability is untried at this point. But Ruger makes fine .22's.

I have my eye on two Ruger .22s, the Single 10 revolver, and the MKIII Hunter model, in stainless. Either of those two guns will outlast you AND your children.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Check out an Advantage Arms kit for your Glock. Not cheap, but good for training with your Glock for cheap.

+1

I agree there are excellent .22 pistols, as have been mentioned. However, the Glock conversion kit has the added advantage of training with your Glock 17. This ensures you are training consistantly and getting reps in with the same trigger pull and controls.

Here's a link for information: .22 Caliber Conversion Kit for Glock - GlockStore.com

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    +1

I agree there are excellent .22 pistols, as have been mentioned. However, the Glock conversion kit has the added advantage of training with your Glock 17. This ensures you are training consistantly and getting reps in with the same trigger pull and controls.

Here's a link for information: .22 Caliber Conversion Kit for Glock - GlockStore.com
    I've read these get dirty easily, though. Somebody somewhere recommended bringing a toothbrush to the range to clean it. Or has these gotten better recently?

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    +1 on he m&p 22! Looks and feels like its large caliber brothers
    I'm seriously thinking of this one. The only backdraw is pricey extra mags and that there isn't a mag loader like they have for buckmark.

How are these as far as maintenance? How often to do you need to clean them?

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    I'm seriously thinking of this one. The only backdraw is pricey extra mags and that there isn't a mag loader like they have for buckmark.

How are these as far as maintenance? How often to do you need to clean them?

Haven't checked on extra mags but the one that came with mine is easy to load. It has the little nub on the outside of the mag to compress the spring while loading.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't know where you're from, but Pops Guns in Indy (no, I'm NOT associated with them, and No I wouldn't buy from them as their prices are bat**** crazy every time I'm in there) lets you rent guns to use on their range. Many other range/stores do this as well. It's a cheap way to figure out which gun you really like....assuming they have the ones you're interested in. I know Pops has P22 and Rugers and Brownings......or they did a few years ago when I took my then wife there to try them out before I sunk the dough into one.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've read these get dirty easily, though. Somebody somewhere recommended bringing a toothbrush to the range to clean it. Or has these gotten better recently?

I can't speak directly to the cleanliness of these kits as I don't personally own one. If you use good ammo, however, I don't see how these would be any more dirty than a standard .22 LR pistol.

It appears there are several kits available including those made by Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions Gear & Ciener. The brief reviews I dug up recommend using CCI MiniMags. Several guys over at another forum recommend the AA kit. Someone actually has an entire webpage devoted to bashing the Ciener kit (actually the company as a whole).

todd river

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    There is a lot of good info. Now if this helps at all, I have a glock 19 gen 3.
    I had an opportunity to shoot the walther 22. Now I am still in the market
    for an advantage arms conversion kit, but they are not easy to find.
    A lot of the distributors have them on backorder. So I decided to go ahead
    & purchase a 22lr pistol. I will go ahead & buy the AA kit when it becomes
    available, and like it was said it makes good sense to shoot the pistol that
    you will carry.

I did a lot of research like you are doing, and knowing that the walther
    was fun to shoot, its not made to last like the ruger markIII or the buckmark.
    You will find that the ruger & buckmark are heavier pistols, but the
    accuracy of these pistols will make you feel like a sharpshooter. I ended up
    buying a MarkIII with a 5 1/2 bull barrel blue plated. Now if I could have
    found the stainless version at that time, I would have purchased the stainless. Not for shooting purposes, just a good looking gun.

BTW I would stay away from the mosquito. Oh one more thing. You will
    read that different 22 pistols will fire better some ammo & it may be
    the more expensive ammo. I can shoot the remington golden bullets
    & never have a problem. I went through 550 remington & 550 federal
    without a problem.

Top Bottom