• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I bought a used Limbsaver on e bay..... haven't had a chance to try it out yet .....

Brand new, they are around $35.00.....

3 different sizes..... S M L .....

slip on, and bolt on .....

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I bought a used Limbsaver on e bay..... haven't had a chance to try it out yet .....

Brand new, they are around $35.00.....

3 different sizes..... S M L .....

Do you have it on the rifle and does it fit well? He tried one of the slip on recoil pads we have for our shotguns, but it is too loose.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I have a suggestion that would make modifying the Henry unnecessary.
    He can buy one of the PAST brand wearable recoil pads.
    I've used these for decades now, and they have allowed me to shoot all day with the nastiest, hairiest rounds possible out of my .30-06 from any position, including from the bench and even prone.
    They make these pads in various thicknesses to suit the user's needs for balancing recoil absorption ability with how they will change the length of pull.

Here are the links to several versions on MidWayUSA:

PAST Field Recoil Pad Shield Ambidextrous

PAST Mag Recoil Pad Shield Ambidextrous

PAST Mag Plus Recoil Pad Shield Ambidextrous

PAST Super Mag Plus Recoil Pad Shield Ambidextrous

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    This Kick Killer lace up recoil pad has served me well on several lever guns, looks good on them and does good at dampening recoil.
    I checked around and LC Supply had the best deal I could find and shipped mine quickly.
    I wanted something to help add length to the rather short stocked Rossi carbines and the Kick Killer was the only one that offered a small enough size for the rather slender Rossi buttstocks. I buy the X Small but you will want to measure your stock at the very rear to find the one that fits best. The lace up models do have some room for error as the lace up arrangement has a fairly good range of fit.

Lion Country Supply Products: Kick Killer Recoil Pad, Lace-Up

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    This Kick Killer lace up recoil pad has served me well on several lever guns, looks good on them and does good at dampening recoil.
    I checked around and LC Supply had the best deal I could find and shipped mine quickly.
    I wanted something to help add length to the rather short stocked Rossi carbines and the Kick Killer was the only one that offered a small enough size for the rather slender Rossi buttstocks. I buy the X Small but you will want to measure your stock at the very rear to find the one that fits best. The lace up models do have some room for error as the lace up arrangement has a fairly good range of fit.

Lion Country Supply Products: Kick Killer Recoil Pad, Lace-Up

Yeah- he has long arms, so adding length to the stock would be good, too.
    thanks

Top Bottom