• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    my PF9 is pretty painful to shoot when using SD rounds. factory 115gr rounds are alright, but once you get into the hotter load/larger bullet handloads it gets a little rough.

Either way, I love the size/capacity/caliber radio with that gun.

Shooting a glock 19 after the PF9 feels like shooting a .22 rifle after shooting a Mosin :)

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Remember guys and girls, these small (size) carry guns are not really meant for shooting extensively at the range. If you want to do a lot of shooting get something more comfortable.
    If you ever have to use your carry gun in a real gunfight, you will most likely not even remember shooting it. I didn't.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    My carry, a Kahr PM45, does hurt. It could be do to a poor grip, but the back part of the frame is what I will call pointy. Not sharp but not rounded. It is not a range gun but a deep conceal that works for me. I did the manufacturers recommended 200 rds in one sitting and I had a huge blister on the web of my hand and my trigger was a numb from being pinched between the trgger and trigger guard. It is my carry and I am more concerned about it going bang if needed and not worried about a lousy blister

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The only thing I would consider 'painful' would be shooting 158 grain loads out of a S&W M&P 340PD (13.5 oz, Scandian-framed) .357mag. Brutal...would be my definition. Shoot it for practice, not very often...caused bruising on the base of the thumb after 5-10 rounds. Shooting in self-defense...I doubt I'd even feel it due to the adrenaline rush and nerves. :dunno:

Shooting 158 grain rounds out of an SP101 (26 oz.) is somewhat easier, but not great. That round itself, I reserve for my GP100 (6") for hunting purposes. :twocents:

After experience, I limit personal-defense rounds to 125 grain or smaller in a short-barreled revolver. :rockwoot:

The .500 wasn't bad ... even the short barrel still weighs a couple pounds. I've shot some VERY hot .45's in a blackhawk that caught my hand if I didn't hold right. General consensus is that S&W340PD is the worst ... I won't even shoot one:-) My Airweight with moderate 158g 38spl loads is very easy though.

Now see, I don't have an issue with my 340PD even with the full house .357
    I have a set of Hogue Bantam grips on mine with the exposed backstrap.
    Maybe it's hand position or my meaty paws
    but the frame just pushes back inline with my arm
    and I'm not saying it isn't hot but it's not brutal.

I do carry 158gr but in a 38+P SWC however.

0419001731.jpg

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I shot a TC in 45/70 once.

Felt like a field goal kicker lined up with my palm on the tee.

I didn't ask to shoot it again....

As far as my personally owned stuff goes, my Springfield GI's always make me bleed on the web of my hand, but they don't really hurt.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    None of my handguns hurt me to shoot. My P3AT is uncomfortable to shoot continually at the range, but it doesn't hurt.

Top Bottom