• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    That is why I reload, I load, till it hurts, and then back off...
    About the only rounds that bother me, are factory .357, out of my 4" S&W mod. 19, and factory .44 mag. out of my Super Blackhawk.
    When I go hunting, I load heavy loads, test fire 5-10, so I know where it hits, and leave the rest alone...:twocents:

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    The only rounds in a "normal size" pistol that hurt my hand, is the .357 's in small hand-guns.....my buddy also has a S+W .357 that hurts when using factory loads....is a non-issue with the .38 Specials .

I have fired .500 , and .50 , and with a good grip on 'em, didn't hurt, but I only fired a mag or two in a setting.

I am out...:cool:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    buddy of mine has 1 of these 45 70...it HURTS!!!!.....1 and done for me....anything 1 have i can shoot all day long...
    2guzec9.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just the Keltec P3AT. Stippling in the grip digs into your hand (like it's supposed to) when you shoot. Not an all day range guy. But for something small enough to drop into your pocket with or without a pocket holster, and forget about, can't beat it. I do prefer the P32 for shooting, but either is a great little pocket gun.

skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    Just the Keltec P3AT. Stippling in the grip digs into your hand (like it's supposed to) when you shoot. Not an all day range guy. But for something small enough to drop into your pocket with or without a pocket holster, and forget about, can't beat it. I do prefer the P32 for shooting, but either is a great little pocket gun.

My wife has the same gun - hurts both of us to shoot it.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have a S&W 329PD (44 Mag). When using the wood grips it is not fun to shoot so I have the rubber grips on. It still is a little painful with full power loads but when using 44 Spl. it is a ***** cat..:D

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Small, all steel walther .380's are no fun to shoot. It stinks because I love the sights, i'm more accurate with the small .380 than I am with my 92FS.....but i'd never own one. I do not like super compact guns, none of them feel right. My 229 equinox is about as small as i'll ever go.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A friends .500 S&W hurts a bit. The force isn't so bad, but it tries to flip up out of your hand and pulls on your wrist pretty hard. My Little Rossi .38 will leave a sore spot, thanks to its small wood grips. I find my XD quite comfortable.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My Ruger LCP really starts to hurt my palm after only a couple of mags. Just too small and lightweight and that tiny grip should be outlawed! :)

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The only handgun that has hurt me is my Astra A75 in .40 S&W. The decocker catches my thumb and in a range session will rub it raw. Of course this is just me being a cry baby.

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I had a hi-point C9 that after about three magazines it would start hurting my base knuckle on my thumb. I traded off the gun, but it was accurate while I had it. I have since gotten a P95 and it feels and shoots real well so far, no complaints yet.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I have a S&W 329PD (44 Mag). When using the wood grips it is not fun to shoot so I have the rubber grips on. It still is a little painful with full power loads but when using 44 Spl. it is a ***** cat..:D
    Ever since I got to try Andy219's S&W .500 at the last INGO shoot I've been lusting after large bore wheelguns. I see you're in NWI, are you going to the Winamac shoot this Sunday?

As for getting hurt by handguns, I've never really been hurt by one except if by user error (hammer bite, catching the slide, etc) but I do feel some discomfort with some. I feel the small, fast rounds a lot more than heavier calibers. I'm not a fan of .357Sig, .357Mag, or, to a lesser exetent, .40S&W. I carry a .40 and a .38 and I'll practice with them, but I don't really enjoy the calibers.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All my handguns hurt me!

About all my hand guns hurt me, except my ruger single six. But I do have my nemisis Arthur Itis in both my hands. But I'll keep shooting til my hands fall off! :ar15:

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    The only thing I would consider 'painful' would be shooting 158 grain loads out of a S&W M&P 340PD (13.5 oz, Scandian-framed) .357mag. Brutal...would be my definition. Shoot it for practice, not very often...caused bruising on the base of the thumb after 5-10 rounds. Shooting in self-defense...I doubt I'd even feel it due to the adrenaline rush and nerves. :dunno:

Shooting 158 grain rounds out of an SP101 (26 oz.) is somewhat easier, but not great. That round itself, I reserve for my GP100 (6") for hunting purposes. :twocents:

After experience, I limit personal-defense rounds to 125 grain or smaller in a short-barreled revolver. :rockwoot:

I agree with the 158 grain loads but in my case it is out of a Lady Smith.:ar15:

Top Bottom