• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They said it was "fully loaded" but they also said that OCT carried "automatic weapons" so your guess is good as mine.

Let's hope they announce the suspect's name before he can get his facebook page taken down or sanitize it of all MDA propaganda.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Okay, I just don't know what to think. This happened at a Texas Target yesterday afternoon. What in the world is going on here??? Gun is "accidentally" dropped by oblivious customer. Employee then picks up gun and shoots himself in the hand.

Habit is going on. Guys get in the habit of pointing guns at themselves or others and then INGO acts all shocked and horrified that this crap happens.

Hell, look at the fights that erupt when I point out that ingraining bad habits like pointing guns at people leads to people being shot. You thought I had insulted their dogs or something.

Don't get in the habit of pointing guns at yourself or others and dumbs**t won't happen.

This has been your INGO Safety Nanny. We now return you to your regularly scheduled tinfoil plated conspiracy thread.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It's both disturbing and stupidity. There's no way, whoever did it, should have had the firearm out of its holster. If it was deliberate, someone is in need of some serious medical attention. I hope they find out who did it.
    I'm with cobber.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sounds like time for GOA to do a FOIA (or state equivalent) request for the surveillance video! And a serial no. inquiry. If it were to come back to an anti-gunner, they would probably screech about their privacy being violated...

And no, I'm not advocating a serial no. trace. Unless this is the owner:

shannon-watts-3-6-14-640x360.jpg

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    RTV6 just said it was a Hi Point 9mm loaded with...you can't make this up..."8 ammunition bullets" and the showed a CCTV picture of a young-middle aged black male holding a cell phone.They claimed that the man in the photo was believed to have left it there.

They said that a loss prevention associate saw empty toy wrappers in the isle and investigated it as a theft and then they found the gun.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If it was planted by a anti-guns advocates for political reasons they probably dont care if a kid finds the gun with a round in the chamber or not.
    Plus some people do carry with an empty chamber so it could be a gun genuinely lost by someone as well.

A wise man once asked INGO how they carry. It appears that the majority carry with one in the chamber. It's not a perfect way to evaluate if it's a plant or not, but if 95% of people carry with one in the chamber and this did not have a chambered round, it could lead you to question whether it was a legitimate mistake or not.

Post-test probabilty, statistics, etc...

Do you carry chambered or not chambered or a revolver? - View Poll Results

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hi-point left unattended? "suspicious male walking up and down each toy aisle"

Based on those facts, I will wildly speculate that its a criminal dropping a gun, afraid he's about to be picked up.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Based on those facts, I will wildly speculate that its a criminal dropping a gun, afraid he's about to be picked up.

...which would be equally unethical and dishonest as a plant to use against us in this battle for hearts and minds... As if that mattered to these psycho *****es...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Wouldn't he drop it somewhere out of sight (UNDER some things, or in a trash container, say in the loo)?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Some dumb ass Probably looking for a holster and saw a cooler water gun to trade it in for.
    Or a sick **** who wanted to hurt kids.
    or a sick **** that works for that **** watts.

whoever did it deserves to be fried. I'm going to target to look for free guns, I'll report back

Im going with deliberate. Whether it was a sociopath or a progressive...uh ignore the redundancy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wouldn't he drop it somewhere out of sight (UNDER some things, or in a trash container, say in the loo)?

Maybe. He's on his cell, he could be leaving it for someone else to pick up and wanted it to be on at an easily identifiable location. (Hey man, I gotta ditch this gun, come get it...its on the next to the top shelf on top of a Superman play set). The article says he spent some time wandering, maybe letting his buddy get closer? Maybe the toy aisle because he figured fewer adults would be there at 6pm on a Thursday vs other areas of the store? What height was it found out?

Thugs ditching guns don't always do so in what you'd consider a logical place. On top of the tire of a parked car, for example, used to be a favorite. That's "out of sight" unless you bend down, then its in plain view. Other times they are fairly methodical (buried in mulch). It just depends on the person, the situation and amount of time pressure, and what they have to work with.

Again, this is all admittedly wild speculation and I have no idea if that's what the motive was or not.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    If I wanted to plant a gun for the anti's to find and report on, I would find myself a used Hi Point and spend as little money as possible. Whoever planted it did not want to give up anything valuable. Isn't it strange that nobody showed up looking for it. If I misplaced a gun I would retrace my steps looking for it, and maybe stop by the store manager and ask "Did anyone turn in a lost gun?"

Top Bottom