• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The timing was so perfect for Moms Demand Action that it makes me go Hmmm......

Coincidence or not, I can't see Target remaining neutral after this. I will probably become a regular shopper if they manage to stand firm against the pressure of MDA and their members.

Pressure Mounts On Target To Ban Firearms After Loaded Gun Found In Toy Aisle - Forbes

I would review security videos and see if the owner can be identified.

Screen-Shot-2013-07-14-at-7.38.18-PM.png

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    "The police report mentions there was a suspicious male walking up and down each toy aisle, including the aisle the gun was found. Target will be releasing that surveillance video to police."

Hope this story doesn't die after satisfying the Bloomberg agenda. I hope we get to see where the evidence leads regarding who left the pistol.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Doesn't make me go 'hmmm'. There's no doubt whatsoever it was a 'planted' gun. And there's little doubt it was planted by someone OTHER than a pro-Second Amendment advocate.

I've never seen or heard such an incident occurring at a gun store (admittedly, there MAY have been) where, by the sheer volume of guns and pro-gun folks, it's MUCH more likely to happen, IF it ever happens 'accidentally'.

But to be 'discovered', fully loaded, in a children's toy aisle at a Target, the very company under current 'attack' by MDA and the rabid anti-gun loons? Nah, that's no 'stupid pro-gun' guy leaving it there. I haven't hesitated to bash the OCT guys for their own brand of silliness, but something like that is well beyond their actions.

It should be fairly easy to track down the owner of that firearm. I'd be curious to look at the background and 'political leanings' of the owner of that gun.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Maybe if it's proven that the firearm was planted, some of the credibility & half truthful statements will be seen closer to how we see them?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's OK. I've read on this gun espurt forum that it is OK for kids to get in the habit of pointing guns at others.

Good thing that by the transitive power of magic guns that this is only a toy too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If there wasn't one in the chamber I would lean heavier on the conspiracy theory. Any news of it a round was chambered?

If it was planted by a anti-guns advocates for political reasons they probably dont care if a kid finds the gun with a round in the chamber or not.
    Plus some people do carry with an empty chamber so it could be a gun genuinely lost by someone as well.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Geez, with millions of total idiots occupying this country I have little doubt there was ONE that did this. Many of these people carry/own guns. What's so shocking? Do we not think that we have fellow gun owners dumb enough to do this? I know it seems better if it was a plant but in reality, stupidity is much more likely.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I wonder if it was someone not able to legally have a weapon that thought they were going to be stopped and searched by the cops, wonder if the cops were called by Target for a shoplifting investigation about the same time as the gun was found

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    There are too many stupid people, but still, it was found in the Toy aisle. That's too much of a coincidence for me. It's a plant.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some dumb ass Probably looking for a holster and saw a cooler water gun to trade it in for.
    Or a sick **** who wanted to hurt kids.
    or a sick **** that works for that **** watts.

whoever did it deserves to be fried. I'm going to target to look for free guns, I'll report back

Top Bottom