• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    While browsing my list of "Friends" on facebook this morning, trying to determine where an old acquaintance worked, I saw one of his "Likes" was 'Ready for Hillary 2016'. I don't know the guy all that well (worked with him 14 years ago) and I haven't spoken to him in as many years, so this didn't phase me. But curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on it.

The 'Ready for Hillary 2016' page is well done with a nice logo and flattering pics of her (and Bill) in personable, candid settings. It contains some content relative to Mrs. Clinton. There is an opportunity to buy a tee shirt and some other opportunities are listed too. The page currently has 1.7M likes.

Think about that for a moment.

1,739,649 members of facebook like the idea of Hillary Clinton becoming the next president.

More than twice the population of Indianapolis (in a members only venue) put their personal mark of approval on a public movement to elect the wife of a former POTUS to the very same office.

I find this observation troubling.

In its current state, society relies heavily on Social Media to determine (and leverage, and drive) popular public opinion. Recent history shows us that popular public opinion puts people in government office (as well as takes them out) despite their credentials, their history, their views, or their policies. The next election for the POTUS is three years away and one potential Democratic Party candidate can claim 1.7 million supporters even before officially declaring that candidacy.

I find this very troubling.

I know that many of us here summarily dismiss facebook and those that subscribe to it. But the simple fact is, there are more of them than there are of us. Or at least more of them that are willing to publicly express their opinions on topics of public interest. And we need to do something about that. And we need to do it now or we will be witness to a replay of the last 2 elections. You say it won't happen. Tell me again what you were saying in 2008?

Where is the political figure from the Republican Party that has 1.7M hands ready and willing to cast a vote on their behalf? Maybe I'm just ill informed but I don't know if that person exists yet. But they should. The Republican Party was not prepared, or united, or organized in the last two elections and as a result, I believe, our beloved country is worse off for it.

In my adult life I have never been a "political activist". And I don't really want to become one now. But I do love my country and I do cherish my liberties. So, for that, and my children's future, I have decided to proactively talk to people about the traditional values I learned from my parents. Values that sustained our country for generations and must be reclaimed to ensure its future. I also believe being silent about those values has led to they're being lost by our younger generations. I talk to my children every day about their actions out in the world define who they are. Therefore they know being honest, polite, and considerate is my expectation.

I think the current administration has furthered the loss of those traditional values with their agenda of increased government intervention and control. Ridiculous entitlement programs have deformed the expectations of our younger generations. These controls and programs will eventually lead to the bankrupting of the country. This is why the very idea of Hillary Clinton becoming the first woman POTUS troubles me. Not because she's a woman but because her credentials, her history, her views, and her policies. I want a president that can run our country based on traditional values. Everybody works, everybody is free from persecution. Everyone is equal.

We need to be ready because they are coming. And they are strong.

I sent this to my Republican Senator also. It's not a perfect expression of my views but it's a start and I got it out there.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Be very careful, it has been proven that liberals use millions of fake profiles to push their crap, obama has a ton of fake followers on twitter and other social media, its been proven that they fake this stuff. Now yes they do have a large following, but a lot of it is fake, and what is sad is that other people will follow along just because they perceive to have a huge following. its crazy.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    "AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!?"

i think those words are going to be very hard to overcome but who knows, a huge block of the voting public are only interested in their team winning or getting the first woman elected, even as the shackles get tightened on them.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    1,739,649 members of facebook like the idea of Hillary Clinton becoming the next president

Like it matters, at least 500k of them live in the left cheek of that ubber big ars she has.
    I will worry about her thighness runnins when she startes getting botox injections and lipo. Cause now she looks like a nasty Russian hag that you see in WWII documentarys and she would never be elected looking like that.
    :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

i think those words are going to be very hard to overcome but who knows, a huge block of the voting public are only interested in their team winning or getting the first woman elected, even as the shackles get tightened on them.

I do hope so.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Be very careful, it has been proven that liberals use millions of fake profiles to push their crap, obama has a ton of fake followers on twitter and other social media, its been proven that they fake this stuff. Now yes they do have a large following, but a lot of it is fake, and what is sad is that other people will follow along just because they perceive to have a huge following. its crazy.

And.....3,.....2,.....1 :tinfoil:

Source?

I'm fairly certain you may have just proven the converse.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I hate to say it but I haven't seen a Republican candidate that could compete against Hillary's personality cult.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    And.....3,.....2,.....1 :tinfoil:

Source?

I'm fairly certain you may have just proven the converse.

If you type "Obama fake twitter followers" into Google, you will find several articles on the subject. I believe the number was somewhere around 55% , for the "fake"/purchased "followers".

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    If it's accurate

I'd assume that given the many, many, pages by and for every candidate from any or no party that there are roughly equal percentages and duplicate "Likes."

While social media is powerful, it ain't exactly peer reviewed and fact checked so very good ya'know? And, neither is USA Today.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I'd assume that given the many, many, pages by and for every candidate from any or no party that there are roughly equal percentages and duplicate "Likes."

While social media is powerful, it ain't exactly peer reviewed and fact checked so very good ya'know? And, neither is USA Today.

Source ?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Don't need sources for reasonable assumptions (also called a hypothesis). Only when trying to "prove" something (also called drawing a conclusion). There is a marked difference.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Like it matters, at least 500k of them live in the left cheek of that ubber big ars she has.
    I will worry about her thighness runnins when she startes getting botox injections and lipo. Cause now she looks like a nasty Russian hag that you see in WWII documentarys and she would never be elected looking like that.

Well there's some thoughtful insight.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I "liked" Senator Donnelly's and Gary Johnson's FaceBook pages. Not because I support either but just to see what they had to say. I know better than to make the claim that a sizable number of people have done the same to Hillary's page but I'm sure there are a few.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Each of you are smart. My goal is to convert your immediate reactive response to a tactical one, and I know each of you understand what I mean by that. In the last 2 elections we sat and criticized, we failed to band together to defeat. We failed to accept the ability of the low information voter - those that follow like sheep. There are a lot of them and we just cannot afford to believe anymore that they can't be mobilized to defeat our agenda. We HAVE TO all get together in a united front behind a strong leader. Please keep in mind those that oppose our agenda are very skilled in steering the media and the popular opinion and finally the vote. Fact: the public official we loathe 1) got elected and 2) got re-elected.

Top Bottom