Watched the whole thing and enjoyed it.
    I found audio books on Youtube.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    I don't see a problem with 95gr subsonic 9mm ammo. You just load it down to 1000 fps and there it is. You would probably have to load it yourself since the lightest commercial 9mm subsonic I see is 115gr. I would not expect it to cycle some pistols at that load, even suppressed might or might not have problems.

It would end up being similar to 95 gr subsonic ammo for 380 or 9x18 Makarov, which are both commercially available.
    While it may be "nitpicking", Reacher was commenting on a fired bullet recovered from a body with no other info available other than the diameter and weight, so he was stating that 95 grain 9mm ammo in general is subsonic, thus the killer must have used a silencer. The actual murder was shown, the gunman used a suppressed 1911 so 9mm or .38 super.

Yes you can handload 9mm of any weight (or any supersonic round) to be slower than the speed of sound, but the commercially available loads with that weight bullet run around 1200 fps or faster. I doubt a trained and experienced investigator like Reacher would immediately assume one of the lightest, fastest 9mm bullets out there would not have been a standard load but instead a specially handloaded round to make it subsonic specifically for suppressor use.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just hope they do 2 or more installments a year.

I'd hate for it to take 27 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The key is to "pause" or cancel some streaming services while watching others. Once I get bore with the streaming services I have, I rotate.
    Someone should start a service that automatically rotates streaming services for you. One payment. You choose the services. You choose the rotation. Money.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It was in one of the books, graphically described. They didn't need to show that. On TV it seemed more like it was gratuitously gruesome.

I just watched that scene again to see what Ingomike was talking about since it didn't stand out to me at all when watching it. I still don't see the issue. Other than seeing the guy's penis, it wasn't really more graphic than any other adult oriented show I've seen.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just watched that scene again to see what Ingomike was talking about since it didn't stand out to me at all when watching it. I still don't see the issue. Other than seeing the guy's penis, it wasn't really more graphic than any other adult oriented show I've seen.
    What the heck do you watch? That one is pretty in your face, especially with the announcement the testicles were gone while looking at the guy genitals. Watched a lot of adult level TV and had not seen that before…

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The only problem I had with the show was the last episode.

The building is on fire and a yhe wife says "Where is Reacher?" Neagly says "Don't worry, he'llget out." A few moments all of the doors blow out and he walks out as thoughnothing happened.:rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought it was worse than anything I saw in John Wick, for example.

Top Bottom