• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Loved it. Nice to get a full season drop. I haven't read the first book, just a few of the others, but it feels reasonably true to source. I like that Reacher's ruthlessness got to show through in a few places.

He and Finley playing off each other was great. Roscoe was cute. The Deagle meme gun was a hilarious touch (especially when he just cranks off a 50ae in a suburban front yard with no earpro). Action was decent, better hand to hand fights than gunfights. Plot was okay, nothing really new or unique there.

A straightforward book adaptation that isn't too serious and doesn't push agendas feels like a massive breath of fresh air.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Loved the series. Not being familiar with the novels, my only Jack Reacher exposure was from the Tom Cruise movies, which were ok, I guess.

I agree that this short series was better, and the Blues tie-in was excellent, especially the incorporation of the two Howlin' Wolf songs into the soundtrack.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I am into episode 2 right now, this is a great series.

To be honest I liked liked the Jack Reacher movies with Tom Cruise. The first one I thought was fantastic.

I liked the first Reacher movie a lot. I never read the books, so most of the complaints about it (mostly that Tom Cruise wasn't right for the part) didn't really mean anything to me.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Watched the first 3 episodes tonight and enjoyed it pretty much. Plan to watch some more tomorrow. Great action without being over the top like John Wick.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The Tom Cruise movies were pretty good. Cruise got the attitude right, but didn't physically fit the part. The Tom Cruise grin also didn't fit Reacher.

I like the second one better.

The series is closer to the books in overall feel and I liked it. Hope there is more. I would rate it close to Bosch, Justified, and Longmire with creating the world of the novels.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought the movies were okay after I accepted that it was not a movie about Reacher. I am looking forward to starting this today.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I started to sign up for the Amazon Prime so I could watch this. But Damn the hurdles.
    If you have read the books it will be worth the hassle.

I hope they do them in order. Whether you know it or not the books follow a trail across the country, with some exceptions.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Knew I shouldn't start them unless I had the time to watch them all. Got sucked in pretty quick and was up too late. Still have several to go. Will finish them tomorrow1. Much better than Cruise.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    3 episodes left to watch today. Had my reservations because I enjoyed the originals and felt this would be a remake. Totally not a remake series. Very good show and would have binged it in 1 setting if I would have started a little sooner in the evening. Eagerly waiting on the wife to sit down so we can finish it.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I liked the first Reacher movie a lot. I never read the books, so most of the complaints about it (mostly that Tom Cruise wasn't right for the part) didn't really mean anything to me.
    Also liked the 1st Movie, mostly because of Rosamund Pike! lol
    Will definitely be checking out the Primes Series.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For once, found that Reacher was well worth the wait and lived up to the hype in the commercials for it. Haven't read the books--yet (though now I'm interested in doing so!), but this just felt like the character Cruise was trying to portray in the movies.
    Yes, we sat down yesterday morning and binged the whole season 1. Couldn't tear ourselves away from it. The wife loved it as much as me, and she's pretty particular about the shows she'll watch. Loved the characters, loved the scripting, loved the whole show start to finish.

Can confirm that episode 1 is entirely too dangerous to watch unless you have several hours to devote to the TV!!

Top Bottom