• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I can't wait til the Ferguson grand jury verdict. There is already local graffiti expressing solidarity with the "Ferguson Rebels".

As far as the marksmanship goes, I think the BPD has done well lately. They made contact with two of these three, and the robber a week or two ago. Not bad for shooting under stress at moving targets.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect, and there's no way to practice what it feels like to look at another human being through your sights. Training under stress is the only method that comes close. I don't know if the BPD do this. I won't criticize the guy - there'll be more than enough people to do that!

Contrary to what some may say, I think that BPD has done a good job at getting to and gunning down threats. They have hit their targets, without hitting innocents. Maybe some hits around the edges, but they've been effective at apprehension.

I think BPD is a fairly trained and responsive force. They are likely to be accessing and addressing the less than perfect accurate shooting under stress. One of the officers (Maybe an IUPD officer?) worked at Range Time as an instructor for a bit. I'm sure they have the mindset of advanced modern training techniques such as FOF and the like.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can't wait til the Ferguson grand jury verdict. There is already local graffiti expressing solidarity with the "Ferguson Rebels".

Hopefully we won't have to come rescue anybody...

How long before a "Ten Point Coalition" develops in Btown to "end the violence in the communities"?

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Suspects cannot comprehend the trouble they are in:

Emotions high as Bloomington sex assault suspects make court app - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

WOW, check out the friends of the suspects at the end of the video...

Scary thing is I used to live right next to those apartments during my college years. That is pretty much all off-campus student housing. Very easy to prey on unarmed unsuspecting college students. The VP right across from it gets robbed at least once a year. Really a shame what is happening nowadays in Btown.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bloomington is a surprisingly rough place. I have seen several assaults downtown and I have lived within a block of a few shootouts, a handful of shootings, one fatal stabbing, one home invasion, and countless beatings.

The Bloomington Police Department has been doing a pretty good job of shooting the people who need shot and not shooting anyone else. They show exceptional restraint and they constantly deal with a mix of hardened criminals and spoiled college kids who love throwing bottles and insults at police.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Call me naive, but it's quite unnerving to me that those three reportedly "come down to Bloomington every weekend to party." Combine that with their friends coming out of court literally crying and well, that's just real scary.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Call me naive, but it's quite unnerving to me that those three reportedly "come down to Bloomington every weekend to party." Combine that with their friends coming out of court literally crying and well, that's just real scary.

I hear ya. There are a lot of scary people that I guess most of us are fortunate enough not to have contact with. Good reasons to keep training and stay aware.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    My 86 year old grandma, says there is a serial killer on the loose in southern Indiana.

Glad they got these perps.

I think grandma might be on to something.
    Grandma is all good mentally and thinks a pattern has been formed. I agree with her, something is wrong.
    ok, you've peaked my interest. What pattern has formed?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    6b654cc0-4f01-11e4-b3da-d1ac15e80f33_h_51607901.jpg

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I just realized I was only a few blocks away from there when that went down! :runaway:

Bloomington is a scary place for a small town feller like me :nailbite:

I'm glad they got caught and hope they are all prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Top Bottom