• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have seen a fair bit of unsafe gun handling at public ranges too. IDNR has range officers at every public range now. I am sure that range safety is much better as a result. I have seen the officer(s) at Wilbur Wright speak to people about what they are doing wrong. I have little doubt they could evaluate whether someone drawing to shoot is doing it safely or not.

You haven't been to Roush! One of the best parts is watching Fred get his knickers in bunch with newbie and incompetent shooters. I can just imagine the string of profanities that would pour from his mouth if someone was practicing draw fire.

:draw: ---> :xmad: ---> :rules: ---> :drill: ---> :bash: ---> :n00b: ---> :stretcher:
    Me: :popcorn:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You haven't been to Roush! One of the best parts is watching Fred get his knickers in bunch with newbie and incompetent shooters. I can just imagine the string of profanities that would pour from his mouth if someone was practicing draw fire.

:draw: ---> :xmad: ---> :rules: ---> :drill: ---> :bash: ---> :n00b: ---> :stretcher:
    Me: :popcorn:

Its on federal land. Federal law prohibits carry of any kind, regardless of being at the range or not.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Practice drawing at home with snap caps. Practice shooting at the range.

Or, join a private range. Safety is disregarded enough that I don't need to worry about the moron next to me practicing live draw and fire drills. While, yes, I would like to practice draw and fire drills and rapid fire at Roush, I'm fi9ne with the rules as-is.
    I'm no professional and don't claim to be but I have enough common sense to know that this is an excellent post.:yesway:

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'll add that to practice drawing and shooting in a safe environment look into doing an IDPA shoot or one of the others like that. If your not familiar with IDPA do a few searches on Google & youtube. In a nut shell they set up stages that time your drawing and engaging multiple targets. It is done in a safe structured way, lots of fun and you will learn lots. It WILL get your heart pumping.

I just went to my first one of this year at HCFG, and they have them at the Atlanta range too, both on the North side of Indy. Open to the public, BTW you do not have to be a member of the ranges, they have a shoot once a month. So that gives you twice a month to draw and shoot from a CC holster.

:welcome: Hope to see you out there.

Top Bottom