• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Does Rand have a magic ticket? If he isn't a delegate or a super delegate, he doesn't get a vote. I doubt he will stand on stage and hold hands with Romney (at least not before the vote is over).

He's going to "campaign for Romney." The timing just makes no sense to me. Wait until August 30th and there would be far less controversy, less discouraged delegates, and less offended supporters. If he's been planning on this, he had to know it was going to blow up in his face.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    He's going to "campaign for Romney." The timing just makes no sense to me. Wait until August 30th and there would be far less controversy, less discouraged delegates, and less offended supporters. If he's been planning on this, he had to know it was going to blow up in his face.

maybe he figures all the supporters just arent numerically enough to worry about? my thought process on this is stems just from our primary.

Indiana is relatively conservative state. yet ron paul got less than 100k votes, sure paul did better and even well in some other states but vote wise over all it doesnt seem like he's done all that well?

i wonder if rand just figures his dad is done, and the people who are going to be offended while they may be loud are going to be insignificant numerically to affect him personally?

jake

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

I completely agree. But if you look a back at Jessie Benton fiasco press handling, hurdles created for some of the grassroots organizations and other similar mistakes, the poor planning of this move isn't completely out of character.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    maybe he figures all the supporters just arent numerically enough to worry about? my thought process on this is stems just from our primary.

Indiana is relatively conservative state. yet ron paul got less than 100k votes, sure paul did better and even well in some other states but vote wise over all it doesnt seem like he's done all that well?

i wonder if rand just figures his dad is done, and the people who are going to be offended while they may be loud are going to be insignificant numerically to affect him personally?

jake

And he probably believes that there is some sanity in the followers (He may be misunderestimated in that regard) feeling that if he and Ron can advance the libertarian agenda in the GOP by being part of the party faithful rather than just a voice crying out from the wilderness, then it is better for the country.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So far this morning I've seen Rand Paul get called a Trojan Horse into the liberty movement, a young Darth Vader, and my favorite, "Rand Iscariot."

I hope it was worth it.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    So far this morning I've seen Rand Paul get called a Trojan Horse into the liberty movement, a young Darth Vader, and my favorite, "Rand Iscariot."

I hope it was worth it.

My guess is he doesnt care.

I can kinda see the gripe but at the same time it's a non issue too. Usually everyone rallies behind the nominee or the guy who they believe will get it.

What if rand is trying to distance himself from his dad? Not a bad move really considering how the media have emasculated ron pauls campaign.

Just saying there could be lots of reasons why

Jake

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My guess is he doesnt care.

I can kinda see the gripe but at the same time it's a non issue too. Usually everyone ralkies behind the nominee or the guy who they believe will get it.

What if rand is trying to distance himself from his dad? Not a bad move really considering how the media have emasculated ron pauls campaign.

Just saying there could be lots of reasons why

Jake

Anyone that wants a future in the party is expected to rally behind the nominee. That is just the way it is. I would be surprised if he didn't call his Dad and discuss it before he did it.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012

jake

Votes can be deceiving...
    It's not the votes that count, but the delegates.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Anyone that wants a future in the party is expected to rally behind the nominee. That is just the way it is. I would be surprised if he didn't call his Dad and discuss it before he did it.

Me too!

Rand: dad i guess im going to have to back Romney

Ron: son this was my last race i'm done. Im leaving office do what you need you do
    Call ur mother she misses you.

Thats my guess as to how it went

Jake

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Me too!

Rand: dad i guess im going to have to back Romney

Ron: son this was my last race i'm done. Im leaving office do what you need you do
    Call ur mother she misses you.

Thats my guess as to how it went

Jake

No, I think Ron's grammar is better than that.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I hope it was worth it.

As I said earlier et tu brute.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some negative blowback during Rands next primary election because of this.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As I said earlier et tu brute.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some negative blowback during Rands next primary election because of this.

If there is, it will be from the "moderate" wing of the party. I have heard from many of my relatives down there how disappointed they are that he doesn't try to work with Obama more to get things done. I am thankful we have some Republicans that aren't working with Obama more than they are.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

I hope it was worth it.

The fact that a bunch of butthurt people called him names in hardly surprising. What is surprising is their lack of originality. I mean come on guys, "A young Darth Vader"? Surely the non-mainstream Libertarians can at least pick some non-mainstream insults.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The fact that a bunch of butthurt people called him names in hardly surprising. What is surprising is their lack of originality. I mean come on guys, "A young Darth Vader"? Surely the non-mainstream Libertarians can at least pick some non-mainstream insults.

You haven't seen butthurt yet. Just wait until Romney loses to Obama. Especially if Johnson gets more votes than Romney loses by.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I smell a wager.

I'm going to be smelling a lot of preparation h in this place. There's still butthurt here from Perot. There's been butthurt for 4 years for those of us who wouldn't vote for McCain. There been butthurt for this whole election year because several of us refuse to vote for Obamney. The ABO crowd wants everybody but them to take it up the ass.

Top Bottom