• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Most of the RONPaulers I know are ranging from disappointed to appalled at this move.

I hope the breadcrumbs the Establishment sprinkles in Rand's lap were worth it.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Is it fair to tie Rand and Ron so closely together? Rons career is pretty well over and rand is his own man even if he is ron Paul's son.
    Not sayin i agree with his choice but i wonder about the comparison

Jake

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is it fair to tie Rand and Ron so closely together? Rons career is pretty well over and rand is his own man even if he is ron Paul's son.
    Not sayin i agree with his choice but i wonder about the comparison

Jake

Ron Paul's fans are the ones who got him elected.

Despite the establishment's best efforts to defeat him in the primary.

Pissing off your supporters is usually not the most pragmatic thing to do.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

I am a pro-Paul/pro-liberty person. That being said, I put very little weight in any article about Paul on PolicyMic or BusinessInsider because both have contributors that appear to be mouthpieces for the campaign. Every campaign has some media on their side and it isn't hard to tell who is helping who. The important part is to remember to separate out that noise from honest news/commentary.

The campaign was hinting at this happening mid May. And, no, I'm not talking the fumble on the botched press releases by Benton.

As for my opinion on Rand's endorsement of Romney helping the cause or not...

The Romney endorsement was for show but it doesn't buy anything for the liberty movement except for help from the establishment to keep Rand in the Senate. Alaska and Nevada have shown that republicans are willing to burn the house down if pro-Paul people take over. They aren't magically going to open the doors and start passing out hugs now that Rand has endorsed Mitt.

We may see something added to the party platform in August about auditing the Fed. It will be played up as a win for us pro-Paul people but it is not. For the party to say it wants to audit the Fed is an easy bone to throw. I sincerely doubt that we will see other pro-liberty platform changes.

And honestly, Rand Paul as VP on the ticket is a set back for the movement. I don't see a Vice President Rand being Romney's Cheney. I'm crossing my fingers that it the veep nod is Daniels (or someone else that has zero to do with the movement).

As for pro-Paul people being pissed about it...
    We knew this was coming. What bothered most people that I've talked to about it are:

1) Timing - It would have been better for this to happen at least a couple weeks ago or to wait for a different weekend. Last weekend was a big weekend as state conventions go. Having it happen this close to this past weekend didn't give the establishment people enough time to let their guard down. It also didn't give some of our more reactive folks enough time to rationalize their knee jerk response to quit/skip conventions that they had already paid for...

2) Venue - Hannity is a smug scumbag. He has gone out of his way to try to smear Ron Paul and yet pretends not to know why Ron Paul won't interview with him. In that respect, the only worse choice for this announcement would probably be CNN's David Frum.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The video isn't playing for me. Maybe if you loan me some tin foil to wrap my wireless antenna?

I hear people looking for tin foil can often find it in the boots they are licking.
    picture.php

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    1) Timing - It would have been better for this to happen at least a couple weeks ago or to wait for a different weekend. Last weekend was a big weekend as state conventions go. Having it happen this close to this past weekend didn't give the establishment people enough time to let their guard down. It also didn't give some of our more reactive folks enough time to rationalize their knee jerk response to quit/skip conventions that they had already paid for...

The timing is inexcusable really. Why not wait until after Tampa?? It really affected people at the IN State Convention, not in a good way.

And despite what that lying snake Hannity says, Ron Paul has not "dropped out" of the race. It might be a long shot, but that doesn't change the fact that Ron Paul is still going to be on the ballot in Tampa and in contention. And several hundred delegates will have worked their asses off to be there to vote for him.

So, what is Rand going to do? Back Romney over his father at the RNC??

2) Venue - Hannity is a smug scumbag. He has gone out of his way to try to smear Ron Paul and yet pretends not to know why Ron Paul won't interview with him. In that respect, the only worse choice for this announcement would probably be CNN's David Frum.

Hannity was pitching a tent during that whole segment.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I hear people looking for tin foil can often find it in the boots they are licking.

A couple days ago Alex Jones was threatening to pull his audience away from the Pauls. Now he is promoting the idea that maybe Rand was forced to endorse Romney so supporters wouldn't be harmed or that Ron Paul wouldn't be offed by the Bilderberg Group?

If laughing off some of the stuff that comes out of prisonplanet (or any of the other Alex Jones channels of information) makes me a boot licker, so be it.

Alex Jones should maybe watch some of the earlier interviews were Rand seems to be all but officially endorsing Romney. I guess we don't know how panicked Rand is though while saying those things until we have an Alex Jones' approved voice analyst give us his thoughts.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    so maybe Rand is more realistic and can admit that his dad doesnt have a chance? :rockwoot:

jake
    Be that as it may, the timing was offensive to the people who have campaigned for him and put him in office. He could have easily waited until after the National Convention. Like I said, I hope it was worth it.

Maybe President Goldman Sachs will audit the Federal Reserve and the globalists will stop waging their wars now.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    So, what is Rand going to do? Back Romney over his father at the RNC??

Does Rand have a magic ticket? If he isn't a delegate or a super delegate, he doesn't get a vote. I doubt he will stand on stage and hold hands with Romney (at least not before the vote is over). Rand has given a few interviews starting in May that seemed awfully friendly to Romney. This was in the making.

My hopes and dreams at this point are that Paul has enough delegate support (which I'm pretty sure he does) to shut up Rick Santorum (who decided his name needed to be in the news again after the Rand endorsement). Rick's afraid he won't have a date to the prom. He claims he is preparing his delegates to fight back the Paul delegate's attempt to change party platform. What he doesn't understand is that he didn't tend to his delegates so they all aren't really his.

I'd love to see something happen to make this go to 2nd ballot, but I'm not going to be shocked if it doesn't.

Maybe President Goldman Sachs will audit the Federal Reserve and the globalists will stop waging their wars now.

I think we have a better chance of seeing a 2nd ballot at the convention than to see an actual audit of the Fed. And as for ending the wars, we'd have a better chance of the Republicans nominating Ahmadinejad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom