• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I thought so too, but the Christy is super anti-gun. He would sink the ticket. Full stop. End of the line. No chance with Christy on board.

Now, if Christy weren't anti-gun, they would probably knock it outa the park. Heck, I would help campaign for that ticket... if...

An "anti-gun" President doesn't mean anything so long as anti-gun bills don't hit his desk after being passed by the legislative branch.

The real, important battle isn't for the White House folks...its for Congress.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought so too, but the Christy is super anti-gun. He would sink the ticket. Full stop. End of the line. No chance with Christy on board.

Now, if Christy weren't anti-gun, they would probably knock it outa the park. Heck, I would help campaign for that ticket... if...

Christie will join the NRA and all will be forgiven.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I think my cat would have a good shot at being elected POTUS if Hillary is the opponent. I do not see how she could possibly run a serious campaign at this point and have a hard time believing she would win the nomination.
    As for Rand, I say Rand Paul 2016. Christy can stay the hell away. As I was watching CSPAN 2 last night and checking Twitter on the #STANDWITHRAND feed I was amazed by how many apparent lib's and liberal organizations were posting their support for him . IMO Rand Paul gave a new energy to the Tea Party and at the same time took to the mainstream just how bad this administration is.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I think my cat would have a good shot at being elected POTUS if Hillary is the opponent. I do not see how she could possibly run a serious campaign at this point and have a hard time believing she would win the nomination.
    As for Rand, I say Rand Paul 2016. Christy can stay the hell away. As I was watching CSPAN 2 last night and checking Twitter on the #STANDWITHRAND feed I was amazed by how many apparent lib's and liberal organizations were posting their support for him . IMO Rand Paul gave a new energy to the Tea Party and at the same time took to the mainstream just how bad this administration is.

I am among the Rand Paul supporters, I really like him. He makes a lot more sense, than a lot of others. IMHO, whoever, gets the nomination, should pick a BETTER V P candate, than has been done in the past .....:twocents:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Rand Paul looks like the real deal. Ron Paul was a good man but a little nutty for my taste. Christy makes for a good Governor but he lost alot of his conservative swagger with the anti gun statements and the Obama love fest he had this summer.it would be hard to beat a Paul/Rubio ticket. Lets just hope that the Obama led media doesn't start smearing Mr. Paul, or he doesn't start explaining his views on rape! Time for the old dogs to go sit on the porch, let the young dogs hunt!!

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I would like to see Paul on a ticket somewhere. Either running for POTUS or as the VP candidate, but I don't believe the GOP has a chance in hell of winning the next election.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Stand with Rand

Rand Paul at least shows that there are a few people left in our government that is willing to do the job. Can Indiana hold the line as well ? I hope so for the sake of the country and our state. We need to keep the pressure on washington and our lawmakers. Over the weekend I was in a local establishment that is owned by a state rep. even though he is a supporter of the 2A. I was not even recognized as a human while there I have reservations on him with his loyalty to the people who supported him if he doesn't even say hello to a paying customer.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't think any tea partier has a chnace at anything larger than a senate/house seat. He would get slaughtered in the GOP primary.

Hillary is loveable. Bill is still popular. Hillary's problem is she's aging...and not well. The media will tear her apart. I wouldn't be surpised if MichelleO threw her hat in the ring. lol. She may go run for senate in NY or even Illinois.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't think any tea partier has a chnace at anything larger than a senate/house seat. He would get slaughtered in the GOP primary.

Hillary is loveable. Bill is still popular. Hillary's problem is she's aging...and not well. The media will tear her apart. I wouldn't be surpised if MichelleO threw her hat in the ring. lol. She may go run for senate in NY or even Illinois.
    The thing about Hillary is that she learned from and with Bill and knows to always play to the middle. She's savvy and the dems in most of the wings will vote for her. As many reps have already said, there's no-one on the gop side, at this time, who could beat Hillary. And it doesn't look like there's anyone in the wings, either. Rand is still new and may not be looking to run for president in '16. Not sure he stands a chance given the makeup of the electorate either.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The comments on mainstream media sites were unbelievably disturbing. I can not fathom how some people find it unreasonable to get a simple "Yes or No" answer from the administration on whether or not they find it appropriate to assassinate a US citizen on US soil. They have said before that drone attacks should only be used where it is impossible or far to risky to apprehend someone who is an immanent threat. I think it is reasonable to say that if someone is on US soil, it is NOT impossible to apprehend them, and even if it is very risky to apprehend them, they can be contained. If a threat is in progress, we already will use deadly force, so that is a non-issue.

The response should have been simple "No, we will not assassinate US citizens on US soil. If there is an active threat, we will do anything necissary to neutralize the threat."

Paul's request was not unreasonable. His actions were not unreasonable, he knew this wouldnt stop the confirmation, and that was not his intent. His intent was to draw attention to a very, very important issue where there is no precedent. Despite all of that, it still didnt get the attention deserved, because people are to busy seeing Red vs Blue! It is absolutely infuriating! This could someday be an issue, and when/if it happens, the same people who refused to listen last night will be the same people saying what an outrage this is.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Twelve Republican Senators dined with Obama while Rand Paul executed the historic filibuster.

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee
    Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire
    Senator John McCain of Arizona
    Senator Dan Coats of Indiana
    Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma
    Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Senator Mike Johanns of Nebraska
    Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
    Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
    Senator John Hoeven of North Dakota
    Senator Saxby Chambliss of Georgia

Amid spending cuts, Obama and GOP dine in style

Basically most of the Tea Party candidates, minus Cruz and Paul. Obama wanted to get to those who opposed him in a more direct manner. My guess is that Rand Paul planned his filibuster to get the news media away from the President.

Top Bottom