• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    No purple. How is a national organization supposed to know of every tom dick and harry gun rights boards in all 50 states? Can you name the top three "INGO" type state boards in each state? I know I cant.

So the solution? Use the most widely used social media instead. Odds are you are going to hit most people. Both gun nuts like us AND the every day Joes. Path of least resistance, etc.

I think I heard about it via one of the "moms with guns" type groups. I too missed it from the source.

One other thing to consider. Facebook artificially restricts how far your posts are spread unless you pay them for promotion. Ive heard as few as 30% of any particular group's users see any one particular post unless they (the source) pay Facebook for 100% coverage. Doesnt say very much for the little guys like us vs. those against us with deep pockets. :dunno:

One of the heads from the organization found this board just fine. From Texas no less.

It is easy to find the major boards of other states, it is called google. Off the top of my head I can tell you msgunowners.com. Migunowners.com TNgunowners.com. It isn't rocket science.

A national organization has state coordinators. The one from Indiana got sick and no one picked up the slack.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Huh. Me and the other guy didn't see anyone there up until we left at 12:40 or so. We walked around 3 of the 4 sides, but nada. Aside from two people sitting in a truck with an NRA sticker parked in the complex that I passed on the way to and from (still in their truck) I didn't see anyone else that looked even a little bit like they were there for a rally. Sorry we missed you; you would have increased the size of the rally by 50%!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm assuming they wanted to make last years rally annual. For those who forgot, it was held in the end of January because of all the hype surrounding the tragedy of Newton.

It pretty much had to be held then even though '80 of the country is frozen'.

Next rally they go for, they need to reach out more. I checked out their FB page and I only saw one or two posts about it.

They need to shop it around and really work it in order to get turn out. Two messages over the past 2 months with a total following of 10k~ isn't going to get it done.

Kudos to them for trying though, it's not easy.

Teaming up is the only way they are going to get the word out. Not with a mammoth NRA but with local and state groups and independents.

Grass roots.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I am so glad I didn't go. I thought they said that someone from the people that were putting it on were going to be there. So much for that. It would have been a two hour drive just to burn gas. They want us to join and they don't even show up.

Waylon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    United States
    Prometheus you are very much correct...though you don't need me to tell you that. This is however a good example of how "lazy" and "forgetful" this nation has become.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Prometheus you are very much correct...though you don't need me to tell you that. This is however a good example of how "lazy" and "forgetful" this nation has become.

Not sure who you are trying to take a poke at here.

I was one of the five that showed up to your poorly coordinated event here in Indiana. Perhaps it is your organization that dropped the ball, not the gun owners here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure who you are trying to take a poke at here.

I was one of the five that showed up to your poorly coordinated event here in Indiana. Perhaps it is your organization that dropped the ball, not the gun owners here.

I think he was poking at the sheeple in general, not those of us here. Had his cohort(s) posted his invites/updates properly here THEN I think we would be justified in feeling the sting of his accusation.

Top Bottom