• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm putting the word out on my FB page, trying to get the notice out. I'm going to try and rearrange a few things and see if I can get a small group together to head down from NWI.

Not sure if I can with a 19 hour heads up.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I too have not heard about the rally or the group but I will be looking into It may have been an good ideal to had a booth at Indy gun show to get info out and if there was then I missed it

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Waylon Montague, Ret. Army, and while I do live in Texas my interest is not just in the state of TX but all of the great U.S. of A. I am an active member of the Gun Rights Across America, referred to as GRAA, Board of Directors. It would seem by many of your posts that there is a misunderstanding of who and what GRAA is. GRAA was started from the mind of one man, Eric Reed, who had enough of our rights as lawful firearm owners being abused. GRAA is made up of all volunteers, there are no paid persons here. These volunteers, such as myself and my wife (GRAA Vice President) devote many hours to GRAA in the hopes of making a positive change. Yes it is true, GRAA is a company. Yes it is true there are paid memberships. Yes it is true, that the GRAA President/Founder has still not been able to recover the amount of funds he has invested. He, along with many of us front the funds out of our very own pockets because we believe that even a small change is a good change. GRAA was formed to be an avenue for people to truly voice their thoughts on the topic of firearms and firearm laws. GRAA is involved with its followers and will continue to do so. The first event we had "Guns Across America" was not designed to be a "PR" stunt. GRAA is not out for the fame, we are not here to be some "Hollywood" star who is all talk. We are active, we do our best to keep people informed of laws and proposals. Are there flaws with our system, yes, as we do not have volunteers to help with 50 states. Sometimes it seems as though people do not care enough to help give time to protect their rights by helping organize events or even manage social media pages..not intended to offend anyone. Another reason GRAA is active is because as firearms owners we are all a "family" so to say, we can not let our brothers and sisters in other states be "bullied" by unlawful and unenforceable laws. For myself, my oath was to the Constitution of the United States of America, not just to Texas, that is why I fight for all states. I dislike having to leave this forum for now but being that it is Saturday I have a family I would like to spend time with. Being that I found this thread today, I hope this reaches most of you before the event. If any of you have any questions please look us up, we have pages on most of the mainstream social media sites. You can also contact me directly at waylor.r.montague@gmail.com I ask as a firearm owner that you attend our event, if it is not up to your standards then I apologize. Maybe if you do not like the event then you yourself can join GRAA and attempt to turn your states events into something "worthwhile". Thank you and good day to you all. "The voice of one patriot is louder than any tyrant" GRAA VP-Shannon Montague

Being from Texas, you may not realize scheduling outdoor events in Indiana in the middle of January is not a good idea.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's the same thing that took place last year (is my understanding.) Their intent is to make it annual it seems.

I think it's funny how a group is trying to list themselves as "an organizer" when it didn't seem that there was ANY real organization that went on beyond a group of people standing up for their beliefs meeting at one place. Just a PR stunt in that regard to get "their name out there" but it was a good effort last year which is why so many showed up. This year it won't be the case because it is not such an imminent threat to their rights.
    There is always imminent threat to our rights whether we realize it or not sadly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Being from Texas, you may not realize scheduling outdoor events in Indiana in the middle of January is not a good idea.

+1

SO what is the significance of 1/19? Why hold rallies OUTDOORS during the most inhospitable months of the year in 80% of the country? Want turnout? Try scheduling it during spring or summer, maybe even fall. But good God, not the dead of winter. Thats idiotic.

And this is being talked about all over facebook...

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It's 8:45. I just got back from dinner. We slipped all the way home. This is the first I have heard about the rally. If you want more people to show up you need to give more notice. Also if this snow keeps up chances are that they will not have the roads cleaned till noon. I feel like I was lucky getting home from dinner. It was clear when we went to dinner and now you slide all over. I wish I had taken my truck. It is four wheel drive and three times heaver than the car.

I don't think I will make this rally. I made the two that was held last year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's 8:45. I just got back from dinner. We slipped all the way home. This is the first I have heard about the rally. If you want more people to show up you need to give more notice. Also if this snow keeps up chances are that they will not have the roads cleaned till noon. I feel like I was lucky getting home from dinner. It was clear when we went to dinner and now you slide all over. I wish I had taken my truck. It is four wheel drive and three times heaver than the car.

I don't think I will make this rally. I made the two that was held last year.

(not picking on you directly 6MM) Unfortunately for many here, Facebook is now the primary dissemination media for grassroots stuff like this. I've seen it talked about for almost a month there, if not weeks. There was no short notice, just not notice on every tiny discussion board like this.

Sorry, one of the side effects of avoiding Facebook like the plague I guess. :dunno:

And it bears repeating again; What MORON scheduled an outdoor rally in the absolute DEAD of winter? When does it get the coldest and snow the most in the northern hemisphere? Yep. Mid January to mid February. Couldnt have picked a sh**tier time. Well, maybe scheduling it on Christmas day maybe? Thats probably the next worst time. While I agree with the sentiment, some people need to get their heads outta their butts and think things through. Want turnout? Do it when its convenient.
    Might as well be at 5am on a wednesday.:soapbox:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    (not picking on you directly 6MM) Unfortunately for many here, Facebook is now the primary dissemination media for grassroots stuff like this. I've seen it talked about for almost a month there, if not weeks. There was no short notice, just not notice on every tiny discussion board like this.

Sorry, one of the side effects of avoiding Facebook like the plague I guess. :dunno:

And it bears repeating again; What MORON scheduled an outdoor rally in the absolute DEAD of winter? When does it get the coldest and snow the most in the northern hemisphere? Yep. Mid January to mid February. Couldnt have picked a sh**tier time. Well, maybe scheduling it on Christmas day maybe? Thats probably the next worst time. While I agree with the sentiment, some people need to get their heads outta their butts and think things through. Want turnout? Do it when its convenient.

I must not have a very wide network because I've never seen this come across my Facebook news feed.

And you're right about the timing unless it's done to coincide with legislative sessions.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm on Facebook. I also "like" the GRAA Indiana Facebook page. This thread was the first I've heard about the rally. I also have a lot of "gun" friends on Facebook. I also really wouldn't describe INGO as just another tiny discussion forum. It is pretty large and active for a state based gun forum.

I do agree with the January thing not being the best time of year for an outdoor rally. I'm not even sure on a Sunday rally. That being said, if I'd known about this earlier I'd have made it a priority to attend.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

Did you mean to put this in purple? If anyone wants to rally people from Indiana, this is the best way bar none. I don't know many shooters in Indy or anywhere else in the state, so my facebook would be a terrible way to get the word out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did you mean to put this in purple? If anyone wants to rally people from Indiana, this is the best way bar none. I don't know many shooters in Indy or anywhere else in the state, so my facebook would be a terrible way to get the word out.

No purple. How is a national organization supposed to know of every tom dick and harry gun rights boards in all 50 states? Can you name the top three "INGO" type state boards in each state? I know I cant.

So the solution? Use the most widely used social media instead. Odds are you are going to hit most people. Both gun nuts like us AND the every day Joes. Path of least resistance, etc.

I think I heard about it via one of the "moms with guns" type groups. I too missed it from the source.

One other thing to consider. Facebook artificially restricts how far your posts are spread unless you pay them for promotion. Ive heard as few as 30% of any particular group's users see any one particular post unless they (the source) pay Facebook for 100% coverage. Doesnt say very much for the little guys like us vs. those against us with deep pockets. :dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

So what you're saying is that you have seen it on FaceBook for months or weeks but yet you posted nothing here about it that entire time... :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So what you're saying is that you have seen it on FaceBook for months or weeks but yet you posted nothing here about it that entire time... :)

(been waiting for this) Yes. Saw it more than once, actually. Sorry, not my job to pick up the slack for those of you that arent SA enough to see it too.

ETA: purple fixed.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    (been waiting for this) Yes. Saw it more than once, actually. Sorry, not my job to pick up the slack for those of you that arent SA enough to see it too.
    The ":)" at the end was to make it clear I was just joking and not actually giving you a hard time... Didn't think I needed to use purple.

Top Bottom