• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If the flowers don't keep them out and the different scents & dog hair don't work I would go with a pellet gun. If you're inside city limits you'd be pushing your luck to break out a 22lr, because it's a rifle. There's not a rabbit alive who can backtalk a bb gun with a good shot.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does anyone know if its legal to shoot a pellet gun in city limits in Indiana?

In most cities I believe discharging of pellet rifles/pistols is in violation of the city ordinances.

EDIT: This is from the Bloomington Municipal Code...
    14.20.020 - Discharging firearms.
    It is unlawful for any person to shoot any firearm within the limits of the city; provided, however, that this section shall not apply to any legally appointed officer in the discharge of his duty, nor to any person when acting in self-defense.​

scootersrockin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    In most cities I believe discharging of pellet rifles/pistols is in violation of the city ordinances.

EDIT: This is from the Bloomington Municipal Code...
    14.20.020 - Discharging firearms.
    It is unlawful for any person to shoot any firearm within the limits of the city; provided, however, that this section shall not apply to any legally appointed officer in the discharge of his duty, nor to any person when acting in self-defense.​

Well crap.

theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    Without reading through the myraid of posts on this, my suggestion would be a border with marigolds and/ or "framing" out the flower bed with blood meal. Just aware that it is a high nitrogen ammendment and can have adverse effects on some plants that cannot tolerate high doses of nitrogen.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I just happen to know a guy who wemoves wabbits.

elmer-fudd.jpg

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I built a couple of box traps a few years ago and used them to trap about a dozen rabbits out of my yard last spring. I just hauled them off in the trunk of my car and released them far far away. You could also just take them in the garage, shut the door, and euthanize them.

Another thing I tried last year too was putting rubber snakes in my garden. Yup. I went to the dollar store and bought about a dozen of their cheapest Chinese rubber snakes...and just sort of laid them in the rows and around the garden...kept out the birds and the rabbits.

[ame="http://youtu.be/rcSJVbR9F_s"]How to Make a Box Trap[/ame]

Good luck

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I built a couple of box traps a few years ago and used them to trap about a dozen rabbits out of my yard last spring. I just hauled them off in the trunk of my car and released them far far away. You could also just take them in the garage, shut the door, and euthanize them.

Another thing I tried last year too was putting rubber snakes in my garden. Yup. I went to the dollar store and bought about a dozen of their cheapest Chinese rubber snakes...and just sort of laid them in the rows and around the garden...kept out the birds and the rabbits.

How to Make a Box Trap

Good luck

you do nice work.:rockwoot:

scootersrockin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Bloomington, IN

How to Make a Box Trap

Good luck
    That is pretty ingenious. How far down does the trip rod stick when its engaged?

Top Bottom