• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If asked to take my gun to my vehicle, I will politely say "I'm sorry, but I can't do that." If further questioned why, I will inform the manager that obviously at least one person has seen my gun (whoever complained) and that others may see it as well. If they see me leave with my gun and come back without it, they will know it is in my vehicle. I don't know the criminal background of every patron, and can't be sure that one might not break into my vehicle to take my gun. The last thing we need is more illegal guns on the street.

After that, the only options are for the manager to drop it completely, or to ask me to leave. But I will NOT take my gun back to the car.

You can explain all you want, but the person in charge of the property that you are at has to make a business decision. That is their job. Quite simply, if you are disrupting business, you will have to be dealt with. It is the same whether it's your OC, someone else's bad BO or out of control children.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My question is, WHEN is the order of food yours? Is the plate of food officially yours once you order? When the plate of food is on your table? Or when you take the first bite?

Once the food is yours, aren't you required to pay for it?

But your not just paying for the food, even though the prices are attached to the food, you are also paying for the table, the chairs, the building, a portion of being served, the cooks wages, etc.. I view any restaurant bill as a total package. Even if you get take-out, you are still using their cooks, their hostess, their cashier, their equipment for a meal.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    My take, having never taken the Bar exam, is that you are not contractually required to pay for your meal until you, and all in your party, have finished to their satisfaction. It looks like this, to me:

1. customer orders food
    2. restaurant prepares food to normal quality standards
    3. customer completes to his/her satisfaction the food prepared
    4. customer pays for food

At any time during the meal, circumstances can arise causing you to request that the restaurant take back the food. Now, usually in these circumstances, the restaurants will prepare another meal at your request, but not always. This is normally quality related, but the general formula is the same. I think it could be easily argued that the restaurant can (and probably has) do the same due to circumstances in their purview.

So, my opinion, is that, at any time before satisfactorily completing the meal, if the restaurant chooses to break the contractual agreed upon timeline, there is no obligation to pay.

Top Bottom