• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    hornadylnl.... I've been in a similar situation for the last 6 months caring for my 90 year old mother after she fell and broke her hip. I couldn't depend on others. I had to run with it and learn along the way. All you can do is the best you can with what you have. I did quite a bit of guessing, and second guessing between May 27th, and Dec 15th, when mom passed away. You do what you can while you've got him around. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else can go to heII in a hand basket.

Heh, not that you asked for my two cents.... sorry if I intruded.

No intrusion here. I've read your previous posts and appreciate them. It makes me feel bad to let the thoughts of the rest of the family intrude on what I need to do for my grandpa. I'm sure there is some senility creeping in. My grandmother was concerned for his state of mind 3 years ago before she died. He's just not physically or mentally in a state that he should be allowed to drive.

It would be easier for me to take care of him if he lived with me but I know he won't do it because of my aunt. As long as he's fed and has a working tv, he's happy. Oh, all the nights I got called to his house to fix his tv because he got it messed up. Most people tend to start out life happy and get bitter as they get older. My grandpa is the opposite. He is pleasant to be around whereas a lot of old people I have known are bitter. He worked hard all of his life on his farm and he deserves better care than he's getting now.

Top Bottom