• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I thought it would be fitting to wrap up this thread with a short range report. I went to the Winamac range today and sighted in the BAR with the new scope mounted. It was a very windy day, not a good day at all for the range. But I still got a pretty good grouping by waiting for the wind to die down for each shot. This target is my last 10 shots. There were a couple of low fliers, but the wind was really strong. I am going to go back on the next calm day we get and I am confident that this rifle is going to be a good shooter.

One thing for sure, the new scope seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the advice early on, especially to Acteon, he hit the nail on the head as far as the old scope being bad.

Here's the last ten shots in a hard wind at 100 yards. I will save the final windage adjustments for a calm day, but at least its grouping pretty tight now.

DSC00446_zpszvdpzuxq.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought it would be fitting to wrap up this thread with a short range report. I went to the Winamac range today and sighted in the BAR with the new scope mounted. It was a very windy day, not a good day at all for the range. But I still got a pretty good grouping by waiting for the wind to die down for each shot. This target is my last 10 shots. There were a couple of low fliers, but the wind was really strong. I am going to go back on the next calm day we get and I am confident that this rifle is going to be a good shooter.

One thing for sure, the new scope seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the advice early on, especially to Acteon, he hit the nail on the head as far as the old scope being bad.

Here's the last ten shots in a hard wind at 100 yards. I will save the final windage adjustments for a calm day, but at least its grouping pretty tight now.

DSC00446_zpszvdpzuxq.jpg

I have been known to be right from time to time.
    but don't tell anybody.
    Then they'll expect me to be right all the time, and that just sounds like too much work.

Top Bottom