• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here is the deal, when I went "re-did" my application, there was no visible way for me to get an L-1 appointment through the L-1 website. The application number I had did not work.

I redid the online LTCH application. When I was finished, it stated "duplicate application" and gave me the option to enroll into L-1. Following THAT SPECIFIC LINK, it let me enroll into L-1. I didn't have to verify any application # or anything as it was automatically attached through the link.

Not saying the other way ISN'T possible (because I don't know), just saying that the only way I could get it to work was to re-do my LTCH application and then follow the corresponding L-1 link.

Good call, I'll tell him to do that...It's not a big deal to redo it(ie, submitting multiple applications)?

sgt mole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    site is down

i went today to get printed at the local l-1 place witch was the police station but anyway the l-1 sight is down and i had to re schedual
    thats why your all having problems schedualing

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    He filled it out again and it gave him the exact same app#.

This time, he just followed the link to the L1 site after completion, he never had to type in anything...All he had to do was click "here for English" and it gave him the same thing:

Unable to retrieve applicant information. Please verify the FirearmID and try again.

Do you think that part of the site might be down?

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    OK. Please excuse my stupidity but I have been reading posts and have not found the info I need. Here is my situation..... I renewed my LTCH the old fashioned way before I was aware of L-1. Now my son plans to apply for his lifetime license. I understand how to contact L-1 but must have missed how or where you initiate online app for LTCH. This has probably already been asked and answered but I haven't found it. If anyone can provide a link it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, he said the site is still down and he looked everywhere for a local number and couldn't find one, but he wrote down the 877(I think) area code number and plans on calling a bit later.

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the link to Application for Handgun License. I guess this was pretty obvious but I'm still finding my way around this forum including the FAQ section.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The site is back up and running now.

He has a appointment scheduled for tomorrow.:yesway:

So with L1 you can get your license in as quick as a week? How long has this service been around?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    ISP finally sent the info to the local PD, they approved and sent whatever info back to them and now he just has to wait for ISP to approve whatever else and send him his license.:yesway:

Does anyone that's done the L1 thing know how long it takes after local tells ISP they also approve? He asked and the officer in charge said he really didn't know...I guess it's BRAND new around here, because 2 other officers came in to watch while the officer that knew what he was doing filled everything out on the computer.

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    I paid my local on tues,town cop wouldnt be in till wed,License was issued on thurs from isp and was in my mailbox on sat.Mine took 8 days start to finish.

For some reason my cousins is taking a little longer,he's at 14 days and it still hasnt shown up.I think either his local PD was slowing things up or the L1 site having problems might be slowing things down.:dunno:

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    I paid my local on tues,town cop wouldnt be in till wed,License was issued on thurs from isp and was in my mailbox on sat.Mine took 8 days start to finish.

For some reason my cousins is taking a little longer,he's at 14 days and it still hasnt shown up.I think either his local PD was slowing things up or the L1 site having problems might be slowing things down.:dunno:

He got his today, he's a happy camper.

Top Bottom