• ...and so much more!
  • S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Is or does any Indiana Gun Stores sell on this auction site??

I see many opportunities of items of interest but when you factor shipping, FFL and the 3% credit card purchase upcharge, the "deal" is less appealing.

(I've got issues)

Tom

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yes, I see guns from Indiana listed on Gunbroker regularly so obviously some sell on Gunbroker.

The reality is that unless you want a special gun, an out of production gun, an older gun, a gun that your local dealer simply can't get, then it is usually cheaper and easier to work with your local gun shop and ask them to order a gun for you from their wholesaler.

I strongly advocate that people should find a local gun shop, build up a relationship with the owner, and work with that shop. I can almost always get a cheaper price at the local shop than I can get by buying off any of the gun auction websites or ordering from someone like CDNN or any of the other companies.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Gunbroker is definitely an overpriced way to buy a gun. The ONLY exception I have found is if you find someone in IN and do a fTf deal. I don't know what some of the GB sellers are smoking, but someone must pay their outrageous prices as I haven't seen prices come down any. :twocents:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If you use their "Smart Search" you can limit results to dealers by state: GunBroker.com - Smart Search

I have found some good deals on GB, but I tend to be after the more esoteric stuff a local dealer wouldn't likely have, and it wouldn't be worth their trouble to get.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Gunbroker is definitely an overpriced ... I don't know what some of the GB sellers are smoking, but someone must pay their outrageous prices...

...I have found some good deals on GB, but I tend to be after the more esoteric stuff a local dealer wouldn't likely have
    , and it wouldn't be worth their trouble to get.
    EXACTLY, the auction websites are best utilized for 'collector' type guns, out of production guns, etc.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    the places on gunbroker usually start the bidding high or have a high reserve just to see if someone somewhere will buy it for that price so they are able to make a pretty penny, which im sure they usually find someone.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Yes, I see guns from Indiana listed on Gunbroker regularly so obviously some sell on Gunbroker.

The reality is that unless you want a special gun, an out of production gun, an older gun, a gun that your local dealer simply can't get, then it is usually cheaper and easier to work with your local gun shop and ask them to order a gun for you from their wholesaler.

I strongly advocate that people should find a local gun shop, build up a relationship with the owner, and work with that shop. I can almost always get a cheaper price at the local shop than I can get by buying off any of the gun auction websites or ordering from someone like CDNN or any of the other companies.

It works for me. Give the guy repeat business. He'll want to keep you coming. He'll make his money and you'll be happy.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I have bought from GB several times. I have also bought FTF other items NOT listed from the owners of items for sale in Indiana. You have to be patient, but there are delas to be had.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    From a buyer's standpoint, I think there's truth to the fact that GB is really good for finding 'hard to find' or collector type guns. And there's some really nice ones sometime.

From a seller's standpoint though, the beauty is that you can reach a whole lot bigger potential buyer population. That will usually equate to making more money on your item, within reason. And are willing to go through the hassle of getting payment, shipping, etc.

I just recently sold a few guns on there, and have only bought a few too. I agree the whole idea of adding shipping, and cc fees sucks. As such, I just make my auctions (when I sell), add no shipping and only take check or money order. I just hope those that would bid take into account I don't charge extra, and up their bid accordingly. In the end, I figure that into my max bid on an item anyway.

Of course, I've bought guns online that weren't as nice as the pictures and descriptions make them out too! So you have to be careful. There's a lot to consider when you go about buying anything online!

Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I own a Gunshop in Southern Indiana, and we are listed on Gunbroker. We have sold a few items and our prices have been competitive with what we sell in the shop. When pricing we try to consider freight, and CC charges. Our preference for payment is a money order to eliminate all the extra charges. Our fee for transfers is $15 for both handguns or long guns. I do agree Gunbroker is a place to find firearms to add to your collection...especially out production and hard to find. It can be a place to compare prices if you do consider the extra charges.
    Hoosier

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    I've bought a few guns off GunBroker in my time. It's one of the auction sites I trust (along with AuctionArms). I agree with the other posters that it's a good place to locate the hard to find stuff, but like any other auction site it's full of people overpricing common stuff too. I don't sell on it since I don't have an FFL and shipping handguns overnight is not cheap. Best advice I can give if you're going to buy is have your FFL lined up prior, and communicate with the seller as much as possible (no one likes to be left in the dark regarding a firearm purchase).

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I own a Gunshop in Southern Indiana, and we are listed on Gunbroker. We have sold a few items and our prices have been competitive with what we sell in the shop. When pricing we try to consider freight, and CC charges. Our preference for payment is a money order to eliminate all the extra charges. Our fee for transfers is $15 for both handguns or long guns. I do agree Gunbroker is a place to find firearms to add to your collection...especially out production and hard to find. It can be a place to compare prices if you do consider the extra charges.
    Hoosier

Where is your shop? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    I used to shop gun broker but everything is so over priced that i stopped even looking on gun broker now i found another site which is called ArmsList .com dont deal with FFL its one on one with youself and the buyer Get rid of the extra cost try it

Top Bottom