• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've got what I considered very good deals on Gunbroker but as one other guy said, you have to be patient. If it's a new gun by the time you pay shipping and transfer it usually cancels out having to pay sales tax so it's pretty much a wash price wise.. I do my best to buy from a local dealer because I want to keep the local guy in business since they are truly the engine of our economy.

bytecafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GB can be a great tool for sourcing most anything related to firearms. Just be aware of the TOTAL cost of doing business online.

I agree with Melensdad, find a local shop that you can work with and build a relationship. It helps both you and the shop. Remember, local shops need customers to stay open and available.

Thanks,
    Rick Cass
    Indy Custom Firearms
    Indianapolis, In (Broad Ripple)
    317-697-5318
    FFL Holder/Dealer

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    I search GB pretty regularly and for the most part prices are high. But i used the advance search and normally search for firearms just in Indiana. I found a guy that was selling an AR and he was only 30 miles away. I just emailed him and asked him that if i won the auction if we could do a FTF transaction. Well i won the auction and he was all for doing a FTF transaction. It is normally a lot easier on the seller to do a FTF transaction, as long as the seller doesnt have to travel, and isnt too shy! I got a good deal and only had to drive 30 minutes! I would recommend the advance search

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've bought a few items from GB and got fairly good deals. As others have said, it is typically an item my local shop says he just can't get or it will take a long time (months).
    You do have to be careful about the prices. I usually find my item and watch it for a bit. I've won a few being only the second bidder. In those cases it was at or near what the local shop would sell it for if they could get it. The 3% is a PIA but, it's better than our sales tax rate.

I am considering listing my Kimber Ultra Carry II (listed in classified) up there to see if it can fetch a decent price. I've never been a seller on their site. I'm not sure how receiving payments are transferred. I may just sell it thru the local gun shop.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't know about the rest but regarding the 3% credit card surcharge that is easy to get back!

It is a violation of contract to charge ANY additional money for using a Master Card or Visa!!! Every single store that takes either of these has signed a contract w/ MC or Visa saying they will not do so.

So, if you purchase something online and pay for it w/ a MC or Visa simply wait for the product to arrive and then complain to your CC company that you have been charged an additional amount that is in violation of contract. You want that amount refunded to your card along w/ any interest that was paid on it.

Regards,

Doug

PS - It is also a violation of contract to require a minimum amount to be charged. You can charge $0.01 if you want to.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I've bought a number of guns off gun broker.

M1 Garand $660
    Glock 22 Gen 3 (factory refurb) $389
    S&W M&P 357 Sig compact (new) $319
    S&W M&P 357 Sig (new) $350
    Ruger 10/22T w/BSA Sweet 22 $280

Reloading supplies, etc. I'm not quite a gunbroker junkie but I do like and value the site.

There are great deals. You just have to search for them.

Top Bottom