• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the customer saw the sign, simply having the sign alone may not be enough. A simple example - they could have a sign in the far back corner of the shop that says, "All firearms purchases will be marked up 150% without further notice." It's unlikely such a thing would hold up.

If there's absolutely no way one could miss it on their way in the door unless they chose to ignore it - you might be able to enforce it. If you have them sign on paper ... shame on them for not reading it before signing it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the customer saw the sign, simply having the sign alone may not be enough. A simple example - they could have a sign in the far back corner of the shop that says, "All firearms purchases will be marked up 150% without further notice." It's unlikely such a thing would hold up.

If there's absolutely no way one could miss it on their way in the door unless they chose to ignore it - you might be able to enforce it. If you have them sign on paper ... shame on them for not reading it before signing it.
    I would hope that this would be written on a receipt in the fine print at the bottom. That would solve all the issues.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would hope that this would be written on a receipt in the fine print at the bottom. That would solve all the issues.
    Indeed, putting it on something that the customer signs and admits to having seen (even if not signed) would give it a lot more weight.

Just putting it up on a sign in the building would technically be enforceable but could easily be challenged.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Indeed, putting it on something that the customer signs and admits to having seen (even if not signed) would give it a lot more weight.

Just putting it up on a sign in the building would technically be enforceable but could easily be challenged.
    I used the sign as an example after someone came on here and complained about a store wanting to charge to look up when a gun was purchased. Another customer there told this person there was a sign saying that very thing in store. That's why I thought of that

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I used the sign as an example after someone came on here and complained about a store wanting to charge to look up when a gun was purchased. Another customer there told this person there was a sign saying that very thing in store. That's why I thought of that
    I remember that, but that's a little different.

If they were to say, "Sure - I'll go do it" and then come back and say "It's done... $10 please." then I could see pointing to the sign and the person being irritated. If the person says, "Hey, can you do this?" and the shop says, "Sure, it's $10." and they get upset and the shop then points to the sign... Well - sucks to be that lazy customer :).

Top Bottom